What's new

Sold! Some pipes

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
Not much on for "real work" for me after Christmas, usually, so I get a bunch of shop time, and that means a bunch of pipes are ready.

Hopefully we'll get these up the website this weekend (and there's going to be some other action there as well if I can spur my web guy hard enough). But for now I'll post a few pics here. You know the drill.

Let's start with something nice and boring, and work our way down. This is as plain a pipe as you could ask for - Natural briar color and cumberland saddle stem (not showing well in pics). This is a medium-sized pipe, just over 5 1/2" long (if I remember right). 34 grams, like a group 3 sort of thing. Nice old Italian plateau. Grain is deadly on the sides, top and bottom, there's a little wash on the front. Can't have everything. Just a simple, good quality pipe. You are 300 USD all in for that.
natch1.JPG
natch3.JPG

natch2.JPG

Next up, even more boring. Cross cut - I got some really, really really nice cross-cut lookin pieces here, so this isn't going to be a one-off I hope. This is a smaller pipe - just under 5 1/2 long and cut with a little more stout profile than I sometimes do on billiards. A chubby little flake pipe. Chamber is 3/4 by about 1 1/8" I think. 26 grams, there's nothing to this for clenching (plenty of wood though, just this old stuff is pretty light I guess).

cross2.JPG

Crazy birdseye on both sides.

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
can1.JPG

And this one's my favorite of the batch, a low, squat Canadian. Black on black with just a little faux-horn ring on the stem (ebonite). A fairly small pipe, 5 1/2 (maybe just a hair over), and again 26 grams, nothing to it. I put a bit of carbon in the bowl because it was really looking janky in pics I took without.

can3.JPG

Fun, comfortable little pipe. Trying to use up some half-moons that have been sitting on the shelf forever - you get these with most orders of briar, and I never really have anything to do with them (20 matching horns is not happening).

275 forthat little 'nuck.

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
I got rings.

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

Pretty standard bent billiard (a little brandy-ish, a little chinny). I was desperately hoping for a smooth here, the grain was really good, but it just wouldn't play along. And blasting looked promising.... was I ever wrong. Actually the grain was perfect for blasting, but this old hard dinosaur didn't want to play. This isn't growth rings, this is growth plates, or scales or something. An hour later I had a little detail, but this is one tough old sunofagun of a piece of wood. No idea what that means for smoking, but it's drilled good, passes a cleaner easy peasy, and might be a nice enough looking pipe to make up for your ugly face (this is what I keep hoping for myself, and I keep buying pipes in case one makes me handsome.) Chamber is some 3/4" by about 1 1/2" deep, and the pipe is sitting at 50g total. I think it's 5 3/4" long but I'll have to measure. Dead average bent pipe size.

I'd like 300 all in for that one.

jpberg

The Worst Thing about the Internet
Staff member
Sales
I got rings.

View attachment 21988

View attachment 21989

Pretty standard bent billiard (a little brandy-ish, a little chinny). I was desperately hoping for a smooth here, the grain was really good, but it just wouldn't play along. And blasting looked promising.... was I ever wrong. Actually the grain was perfect for blasting, but this old hard dinosaur didn't want to play. This isn't growth rings, this is growth plates, or scales or something. An hour later I had a little detail, but this is one tough old sunofagun of a piece of wood. No idea what that means for smoking, but it's drilled good, passes a cleaner easy peasy, and might be a nice enough looking pipe to make up for your ugly face (this is what I keep hoping for myself, and I keep buying pipes in case one makes me handsome.) Chamber is some 3/4" by about 1 1/2" deep, and the pipe is sitting at 50g total. I think it's 5 3/4" long but I'll have to measure. Dead average bent pipe size.

I'd like 300 all in for that one.
Hey that looks like a Bannard pipe.