Some questions about Samuel Gawith!

Waino

Lord´s humble cuckoo
now that they aren't in the EU any longer, can't we link up with your nordic neighbors and go all viking on their stash of FVF?
I guess Norwegians are interested in the fate of fishing waters only. Swedes do not agree because there is not enough tobacco for everyone equally.

I, on the other hand, have such good relations with Britain that the queen's courier brings me St. James Flake to the door.

Indeed, I once visited London. At that time, we did not belong to the EU. I came by ship from Belgium. A pretty customs officer asked me if I had the money and how long I was going to spend time in England. I said I have more money as a robber chiefs mostly have but I have just three days here to spend it all. "Welcome to the UK", she said. It took exactly a minute.

But no tours for enthusiasts. This is a copy of the important message.

After reading the message, eat it.

... the factory is not only a production unit but, more importantly, it is a UK Customs registered duty free warehouse and as such is under UK Customs control. This is due to the fact that most of the product is Dutiable product. Customs have “requested” that we do not conduct any future tours so we have no other option than to comply with their “request”.
I personally am sad that we cannot do this any more as I used to enjoy the enthusiasm of people such as yourself. It was different in the Samuel Gawith factory as we were a small unit, about 10% the size of GH, and managed to “keep under the radar”...

As we all know, Britain is now a high epidemic area. I would like to ask, has Samuel Gawith stopped production? Have the friend that knows to tell next! thank you
No, we are still producing although obviously with the country now being in full lock down we have staff working from home and there maybe delays with deliveries due to the knock on effect of lock down and so many people being off work (in general not in the factory) and so the whole supply chain suffers. But we are still open, still working, still producing and have been through out the whole last year.

... the factory is not only a production unit but, more importantly, it is a UK Customs registered duty free warehouse and as such is under UK Customs control. This is due to the fact that most of the product is Dutiable product. Customs have “requested” that we do not conduct any future tours so we have no other option than to comply with their “request”.
I personally am sad that we cannot do this any more as I used to enjoy the enthusiasm of people such as yourself. It was different in the Samuel Gawith factory as we were a small unit, about 10% the size of GH, and managed to “keep under the radar”...
Not entirely sure where this "quote" has come from. I do not know how Sam Gawith's operated in the past and if they did tours. I would have been surprised if they did from a health and safety aspect. The GH factory is a working factory with a lot of machinery and as such we simply cannot have people on tours. There is also the security aspect of it as noted above.

Waino

Lord´s humble cuckoo
Not entirely sure where this "quote" has come from. I do not know how Sam Gawith's operated in the past and if they did tours. I would have been surprised if they did from a health and safety aspect. The GH factory is a working factory with a lot of machinery and as such we simply cannot have people on tours. There is also the security aspect of it as noted above.
Don't care about it. We will not even get on the fuel side of a nuclear power plant.

Carry on.