Someone bring me up to speed on Ken Byron Ventures

lowercaseG

I give up. Just when you start liking a blend it is no longer made or it is like entering thunderdome to get some.
Oh, I'm not bent out of shape or anything. It will be back in stock, or it won't. I was just genuinely curious about how it sells like that. Small release vs. big sale in the middle of the night. I know 007 has fans across the pond and all.

SeanConnery

Sales
More Pork Chops, Slices, etc coming. I'm thinking about making Sundays the days I release new inventory. It's a good day since the surge in orders is easier to handle since there isn't a mail sort on Sundays. The parcels out go out Monday.

Make the seasonal blends, one time blends, micro batches, etc more like a farmer's market. Iduno. Still thinking. You can never make everybody happy. But it seems like white collar workers and retirees who can refresh all day have an edge over working Joes for ordering tobacco since most operations release between 8-5pm while they are working office hours.

I live this. And all these commerce systems have schedulers so that you can pick a future time to list something.

I think I'll have enough materials to make one more tiny batch of Sweet Muffin, but like 3 pounds total. The joy of blending with discontinued tobaccos is that you can't get stuck in the same routine blending the same things forever. The downside is though, once it is gone, it is gone. But you know what? It's just tobacco. It doesn't make your brain larger, your dong longer, or your wallet fatter.

Now, if I was big enough that I had an advertising department, they would write things like "get it now before it's gone!!!" to exploit your FOMO trigger. But I find that manipulative. Do you like your customers or do you look at them the way carnies look at marks?

It's just tobacco. None of it is worth getting anxiety over. Did you hear that the pipe is a very relaxing hobby? :)

Eulogy

I was surprised how much I enjoy Sweet Muffin. I bought it because I wanted something I could smoke around my lady without her constantly telling me it stinks. The bag note really does smell like muffins even if the profile doesn't. I usually buy 8oz of anything you release so I won't hoard any more of it so others can have a shot at trying it. Your 3am drop wasn't great for me but I did manage to snag a little off everything still.

Eulogy

I mentioned earlier that Ken emailed me that a package was lost and that he was replacing it. Since he couldn't fulfil my original order he offered some other blends to choose from. He sent me a plug of Byronic Flake and I’m so excited to try it. Thank you, Ken. 686BB617-3803-4ED0-AB3A-4C04BB90044A.jpeg

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
I mentioned earlier that Ken emailed me that a package was lost and that he was replacing it. Since he couldn't fulfil my original order he offered some other blends to choose from. He sent me a plug of Byronic Flake and I’m so excited to try it. Thank you, Ken. View attachment 62454
A friend of mine had the same problem, and he got the plug as a replacement, too. Seems like the mail should do better than they are doing.

Last edited: