Someone bring me up to speed on Ken Byron Ventures

FrankHall

Well-known ember
Sales
I ordered a couple oz of byronic whatevers, not the flake version

I usually try to stay away from new blenders because it's like "oh god here we go again, why can't I just stick with what I know" but I got the Jupiter Slices awhile back and really liked that. Plus I love the idea of a small batch blender. Sometimes you must enjoy what is available only once! So, oh god, here we go again.
I just smoked Jupiter Slices for the first time (thanks to @Stubble ) and will be watching for it daily, as I fear I'll start smoking cigarettes if I miss the next release. I will let you know as soon as I see it, but you've got to start responding to my bonchi posts, as I have no idea what I'm doing. My favorite one appears to be biting the dust...and by 'dust' I mean 'akadama shake'.

As far as "small batch blenders", I support whoever blends good tobacco. If you're small batch and you don't blend stuff I like, I won't buy your stuff. But if I do like it, I'll pay a premium to help support your effort. KBV could raise their prices and I'd still want it.

Mrm1775

Sales
I just smoked Jupiter Slices for the first time (thanks to @Stubble ) and will be watching for it daily, as I fear I'll start smoking cigarettes if I miss the next release. I will let you know as soon as I see it, but you've got to start responding to my bonchi posts, as I have no idea what I'm doing. My favorite one appears to be biting the dust...and by 'dust' I mean 'akadama shake'.

As far as "small batch blenders", I support whoever blends good tobacco. If you're small batch and you don't blend stuff I like, I won't buy your stuff. But if I do like it, I'll pay a premium to help support your effort. KBV could raise their prices and I'd still want it.
I told you that stuff was stupid good

Sparks

I also have some from either @millarddj or @lowercaseG (sorry guys i jarred all the blends and can’t remember exactly who sent me what anymore) sounds like i need to expedite it to the front of the line of blends i need to try.

FrankHall

Well-known ember
Sales
I told you that stuff was stupid good
First puff and I was hooked - same as Byronic Slices. There's some underlying flavor in both that is similar, and that I haven't experienced before. Makes me wonder if the Lepeltier clay pipe isn't contributing, as I used it to smoke both. I'll have to smoke some BBF in it and see if it's making the smoke 'cleaner' as advertised.

I also have some from either @millarddj or @lowercaseG (sorry guys i jarred all the blends and can’t remember exactly who sent me what anymore) sounds like i need to expedite it to the front of the line of blends i need to try.
I keep a spreadsheet that has the names of who sent what. It's not really time-consuming once you get used to it.

FrankHall

Well-known ember
Sales
I have no memory. I've already thanked a couple of people publicly for things they didn't send me. Now I always double-check the nerd-sheet!

But I'm sure of this: the bowl of 2011 FVF I just smoked was from you. (yeah, I'm going to go dbl-check the spreadsheet while I still have time to edit this). I smoked it in the Lepeltier clay and it was no better than in my briars, so the KBV Byronic and Jupiter slices have withstood the comparison test of greatness.