Spirit Infusion

Mr Beardsley

It's not spirit infusion, but I put fresh ground coffee (Illy Classic) in a tea ball and inflict it upon Carter Hall for a month. Been doing it so long, it's the only CH I smoke now. But maybe it's time to get a airline sized bottle of Kahlua and try that.
I've been wanting to try the coffee infusion and I have a bit of CH in a jar. Off to find a coffee holder...

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
Meyers rum into an empty spray bottle, spread out the tobacco, spray rum, mix tobacco, spread out again and let it dry to right moisture content. That's prob how the manufacturers do it.
I tried that. Compared to the infusion method, the results are not so good.

infusion takes time which costs money in commercial products. That said, infusion will give you more of the flavor and will last much longer.

it is also easier to blend because nuances will remain stronger when the amount of the flavored tobacco is reduced.

i suggest you compare both methods yourself because it’s very easy to understand why the long infusion does give you better results long term.

This thread inspired me to try a hand at this. I have a blend of 50/50 va/per I have been infusing with jose cuervo gold for 4 weeks, the alcohol has gotten quite in the

tobacco, even made it a bit sticky. Going to airdry it, then going to press for a week and then stove it possibly. I'll report back and post a couple pics.

I also wanted to mention here what I'm going to experiment with. The liquid brewers flavors are quite potent, so I thought to mix some fairly odorless vodka (purity

17) with a dash of liquid brewer flavoring, and use that for infusion. Messing around with a couple flavors at the moment before I decide on which one to try out, I

may just attempt a butterscotch burley as a first round guinea pig :unsure:

2 oz of local store VA and 2 oz of same tier Perique (I believe they are Sutliffe brand, but not 100%) infused with Jose Cuervo Gold. The Perique definitely did not have

that sheen beforehand, wish I took some before pics now. Added .25 oz of some C+D burley ribbon cut yesterday after removing the alcohol glass and mixed it up.

Just felt this will have the need for a touch of burley lol. After airdrying this sufficiently will pasta press it and then stove it afterwards.

Attachments

• IMG_20230917_210603653.jpg
    IMG_20230917_210603653.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
2 oz of local store VA and 2 oz of same tier Perique (I believe they are Sutliffe brand, but not 100%) infused with Jose Cuervo Gold. The Perique definitely did not have

that sheen beforehand, wish I took some before pics now. Added .25 oz of some C+D burley ribbon cut yesterday after removing the alcohol glass and mixed it up.

Just felt this will have the need for a touch of burley lol. After airdrying this sufficiently will pasta press it and then stove it afterwards.
Slightly heating the tobacco before pressing will get all the oils and stuff in the tobacco become more liquid. So the tobacco will form more of a dense plug then when pressed without heat.

AndyNJ

Just saw the C&D blending video by Jeremy Reeves: Rum and some other flavor oils in a spritz bottle, spritz on, let alcohol evaporate for a bit and all done. That made sense, no industrial production will have time to create a large infusion type chamber and let sit forever with unreliable outcomes.

Yakster

Patron
Just saw the C&D blending video by Jeremy Reeves: Rum and some other flavor oils in a spritz bottle, spritz on, let alcohol evaporate for a bit and all done. That made sense, no industrial production will have time to create a large infusion type chamber and let sit forever with unreliable outcomes.

For The Beast, a Small Batch release for C&D, they soak the tobacco in spiced rum for a week.

Top Bottom