Stinger/I.D. Question

DrCapacitor

There’s a certain madness to my methods.
Patron
Howdy folks. Well the past few weeks i have been slowly working on 4 estate pipes i picked up. The one I just finished restoring is the one in question. The stamping was pretty much gone when i got the pipe. All that was legible was this:
Y
ed
r

I imagine it was the name, then imported briar. It has a stinger i am not familiar with and was hoping someone on here could help me identify it.
Heres the stinger: A9E6E060-C112-43E1-92C7-E7442E6D283C.jpeg

The Vulcanite stem screws into the pipe which is another feature im not familiar with. The stinger doesnt come out either. The opening is on the bottom when the stem is screwed in.
Thanks in advance for any help!

SteveNH

Patron
the tenons break off? Can these be repaired?
I really was just playing around and not thinking when I did this. I got a bunch of pipes off of ebay at a crazy low price thinking I might be able to salvage something out of it. I was careful to put Vaseline on the white logo and completely spaced on any metal concerns. I still have the pieces somewhere, just did not think it was worth it.

DrCapacitor

There’s a certain madness to my methods.
Patron
the tenons break off? Can these be repaired?
Possibly, carefully with replacements from donor stems. He may be able to heat up the remnants, remove them and heat the donors up and re-insert them.
I really was just playing around and not thinking when I did this. I got a bunch of pipes off of ebay at a crazy low price thinking I might be able to salvage something out of it. I was careful to put Vaseline on the white logo and completely spaced on any metal concerns. I still have the pieces somewhere, just did not think it was worth it.
I’ve noticed that when i use the Oxi Clean method on stems with metal they do seem to oxidize a little if theres too much OC used. I thought i killed a Kaywoodie myself a few weeks ago but lucked out. I use a small spoonfull in a lot of water and just leave the stems in overnight to two days. The stems come out yellow and aluminum is ok. My .02 worth from a newbie.

Howdy folks. Well the past few weeks i have been slowly working on 4 estate pipes i picked up. The one I just finished restoring is the one in question. The stamping was pretty much gone when i got the pipe. All that was legible was this:
Y
ed
r

I imagine it was the name, then imported briar. It has a stinger i am not familiar with and was hoping someone on here could help me identify it.
Heres the stinger: View attachment 94797

The Vulcanite stem screws into the pipe which is another feature im not familiar with. The stinger doesnt come out either. The opening is on the bottom when the stem is screwed in.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Depending upon where the letter y is, I wonder if it could be kaywoody. Surely I am wrong, however it's a guess!