What's new

That Nun over there

tipofthelake

Fire in big hole, small hole in face--WalkinStick
Patron
Well they're a small shop with a growing following, so I don't think it's too surprising, especially when you consider how quickly entire shipments from larger makers seem to disappear. Even if most people were finding out about it here there are a LOT of members who don't really post, but you can be certain they're jumping on sales and following leads. I think the psdtoy thread is a good example of this. There are a lot of names I don't recognize, many that have only a few posts in the last year, but they're stepping up to get in on it. There really do seem to be more of us than you'd think as rare as it is to spot one in the wild.

lowercaseG

Well they're a small shop with a growing following, so I don't think it's too surprising, especially when you consider how quickly entire shipments from larger makers seem to disappear. Even if most people were finding out about it here there are a LOT of members who don't really post, but you can be certain they're jumping on sales and following leads. I think the psdtoy thread is a good example of this. There are a lot of names I don't recognize, many that have only a few posts in the last year, but they're stepping up to get in on it. There really do seem to be more of us than you'd think as rare as it is to spot one in the wild.
All true. I don't mind missing out on stuff, but the way it went down made me feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football.

Langridor

Patron
Business must be boomin. I added Roanoke & 4th nun in the cart which gave me free shipping & was informed at checkout that Roanoke was gone, so I added 4 more oz. Of 4th nun, then was informed that Persian slipper was now out of stock. Needing $8 to get free shipping i decided to try a couple ounces of fat bastard. Go to check out and no more 4th nun. Wah-Waah. The Internet 3 - Me 0
I had the same experience a few days back noggin shopping with esoterica. Three in my cart. Each time I tried to checkout, one was no longer available. Deleted it. Tried to checkout. Then another was unavailable. Ended up empty handed and frustrated. Kinda like dating when I was a teenager. :shakehead:

Ozark Wizard

I had the same experience a few days back noggin shopping with esoterica. Three in my cart. Each time I tried to checkout, one was no longer available. Deleted it. Tried to checkout. Then another was unavailable. Ended up empty handed and frustrated. Kinda like dating when I was a teenager. :shakehead:
That happens more than I care to dwell on to me. It's like going to the buffet and you're queued up and see three people ahead of you that there's something you want, count on at the place, and before you get there the folks ahead heap their plate until there's nothing left when you get a chance to get some. Then you sit and eat, knowing that there will be more coming, and you see someone walk by with some fresh stuff, get up and go, only to find out that it's gone yet again. THEN, on your way back to your table, you see someone has left and their plate of "X" isn't finished, as the wait staff unceremoniously dumps the lot into a bus tub before wiping off the table.

Langridor

Patron
That happens more than I care to dwell on to me. It's like going to the buffet and you're queued up and see three people ahead of you that there's something you want, count on at the place, and before you get there the folks ahead heap their plate until there's nothing left when you get a chance to get some. Then you sit and eat, knowing that there will be more coming, and you see someone walk by with some fresh stuff, get up and go, only to find out that it's gone yet again. THEN, on your way back to your table, you see someone has left and their plate of "X" isn't finished, as the wait staff unceremoniously dumps the lot into a bus tub before wiping off the table.
Boy, that just brought back SO many memories. My BP just jumped up a few points. Calming down now and planning my next buffet trip. :beerchug: