What's new

The Alert I've been dreading...

Ernie Q

Sales
This is an alert that I never ever wanted to have to make. It is with deep regret and fond memories that we retire our very first blend, "Deep Elem". The closing of McClelland's has had it's effect on everybody, including us. We lost our "Justice Mixture" last year due to the loss of their "Oriental Cavendish". I managed to purchase several bags of their "Carolina Cavendish #805" on which Deep Elem was based before they closed, but that was that. We now have only a bit of Deep Elem left, so I've limited it to 4oz per person in order to try and make a few people happy instead of a lot disappointed.....or something like that.

A lot of folks are asking if there's any way we can duplicate the McClelland base....and we can't. It was a very unique base, like "Oriental Cavendish" it just can't be reproduced. I have come close, but different is not the same. At some point I will release a similar blend, but I feel it's dishonest and an insult to the original to call it "Deep Elem".

So unless anyone out there is hoarding pounds of McClelland 805 and wants to sell it to us at a the wholesale rate.....we'll try and come up with a a suitable similar blend in the near future!.

E

SmokeRings

The real takeaway from this, is that change is the only constant, while those who have been Deep Elem fans over the years will go through an adjustment, as long as we have folk like @Ernie Q around, there will be new things waiting to be discovered, loved, and in their turn mourned. Sad to see an old favorite go, but glad to see you guys are already looking ahead to something new.

Merk3030

Patron
The real takeaway from this, is that change is the only constant, while those who have been Deep Elem fans over the years will go through an adjustment, as long as we have folk like @Ernie Q around, there will be new things waiting to be discovered, loved, and in their turn mourned. Sad to see an old favorite go, but glad to see you guys are already looking ahead to something new.
Wisdom here.