Thestorytellerspipe

BurningRevelations

Had to re-do my order {i.e. - email} ... 2 grousemoor .

We are sorry, but your order was cancelled and refunded because it exceeded the purchase limit of 1 box or 2 tins per household of Samuel Gawith blends. The limit is not based on "per blend" but applies to all blends. We apologize for any inconvenience. Kind regards, The Story Teller's Pipe

BlueMaxx

We are sorry, but your order was cancelled and refunded because it exceeded the purchase limit of 1 box or 2 tins per household of Samuel Gawith blends. The limit is not based on "per blend" but applies to all blends. We apologize for any inconvenience. Kind regards, The Story Teller's Pipe

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope

1 box or 2 tins limit....not per blend but overall?!

See ya!

tenor.gif

Sparks

Sales
1 box or 2 tins limit....not per blend but overall?!

See ya!
I actually liked the household limit. It gave guys like me chance to get a couple blends I’ve never tried. The second the blends went up there wasn’t someone buying 20 boxes of FVF before everyone else’s site refreshed. It’s fair in my eyes.

Guess the 10th ain't happenin'
No but the 11th sure pulled through for us! Lol

Last edited:

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
I actually liked the household limit. It gave guys like me chance to get a couple blends I’ve never tried. The second the blends went up there wasn’t someone buying 20 boxes of FVF before everyone else’s site refreshed. It’s fair in my eyes.

I believe in household limits too.
Reasonable ones.
2 for the whole line-up is a bit much.
But, hey, to each his own.
I wish you....errhh, I mean them, the best.

Last edited:

Mikewood

Sales
It’s my understanding the story tellers pipe is not a big shop. More of a husband and wife team so having such a small allotment would be reasonable if it meant they could get orders out to a dozen people instead of one person cleaning him out, spiking the price and reselling them for a substantial markup. Tobacco is a funny thing. A tin might go for $10-15 and then again it might be $30 depending on the seller. You don’t see that in very many other lines of sale. Well maybe automotive parts.

Sparks

Sales
It’s my understanding the story tellers pipe is not a big shop. More of a husband and wife team so having such a small allotment would be reasonable if it meant they could get orders out to a dozen people instead of one person cleaning him out, spiking the price and reselling them for a substantial markup. Tobacco is a funny thing. A tin might go for $10-15 and then again it might be $30 depending on the seller. You don’t see that in very many other lines of sale. Well maybe automotive parts.
Yeah that’s what I’ve gathered also. In the email he stated the limit was exactly for that reason. He would rather have real pipe smokers getting tobacco to smoke and not someone buying every blend possible and then posting it on Pipestud next week for $20 more per tin. He obviously didn’t go into detail as much as i did though LOL.

Darin

Correct … he and his wife operate the "shop" out of their home.
Visitors are welcomed with a prior call / reservation and I will be there soon, travel permitting.

Sparks

Sales
Correct … he and his wife operate the "shop" out of their home.
Visitors are welcomed with a prior call / reservation and I will be there soon, travel permitting.
That’s very awesome. I wasn’t aware you could visit the “shop” seeing as it’s his house lol. Don’t forget to post any insider info on this thread when you make it there ;)

tech49

Yeah, I was able to get a box of 1792 from him yesterday. My first order was canceled because I didn't understand fully the restrictions. Unfortunately, my first order also had some tins of Briar Fox and Seersucker that were now out of stock when I went to re-order.

Marscigars had a drop too, but their restriction was 1 box or 2 tins per address week.

Sparks

Sales
Yeah, I was able to get a box of 1792 from him yesterday. My first order was canceled because I didn't understand fully the restrictions. Unfortunately, my first order also had some tins of Briar Fox and Seersucker that were now out of stock when I went to re-order.

Marscigars had a drop too, but their restriction was 1 box or 2 tins per address week.
I emailed him about the tin limit and he told me not to worry if you don’t get what you want this drop, that he has a larger shipment coming next Tuesday. He also hinted at some tins having a limit of 4 per.. only time can tell!

Top Bottom