Things you're strangely proud of, but shouldn't be

RedScot

My buddy and I used to call it "steamers", as in a steaming poo. Taking score: "Hey , what did you get?", "Steamers."
I always thought golf was about goofing with your buddies, driving around in a silly cart and drinking beer.
Once I quit drinking, golf lost its appeal. Then my clubs got stolen (who steals left-handed clubs?!) and I never replaced 'em. Now I have two more kids and TAD. Who has $ for golf?

Cramptholomew

It's, like, Phyllis Diller funny.
Sales
I always thought golf was about goofing with your buddies, driving around in a silly cart and drinking beer.
Once I quit drinking, golf lost its appeal. Then my clubs got stolen (who steals left-handed clubs?!) and I never replaced 'em. Now I have two more kids and TAD. Who has $ for golf?
Same here. I haven't played in years. It just ain't as fun without the after party. Besides, I l'm terrible, even though I used to play 1-2 times a week.

Sinzalot

ok i'll play...
A few years ago when I was still into motorcycling I was unlucky to hit a patch of mud mid way round a corner, the oncoming car took the bike clean out and I surfed 50 yards down the road on my face. The police turned up a while later told me I was lucky to be alive and get myself into the ambulance to get my leg check at the hospital. I knew what would happen to my leathers if I did so I refused. My mate took me back home so I could get out of my gear then we jumped back in the car to go to A&E. I will always remember the nurses face when I told her I'd just been involved in RTA, she looked me up and down like I was mad....there was no way the doctors were cutting me out of my leathers.

On a similar note, I dislocated my shoulder a few years back whilst squeezing through an impossibly narrow space. I felt it roll and pop out, I quickly back tracked out of the space, saw my shoulder several inches lower than it should be and popped it back in. Nice sound, weird feeling. After much nagging from my girlfriend at the time we went to A&E to get it checked, as we walked in we past a guy who had just been brought in with dislocated shoulder and was wailing like stuck pig, shouting and causing a hell of ruckus. I told the nurse what had happened to me and after a looking me up and down she promptly set about sorting me out with a scan and a plethora of painkillers...she then turned round to deal with the guy on the stretcher. Man alive did she give him a talking to. Walked out of A&E a little taller that day.