Three years of PAD and TAD

snappy

HDXR

Hammer down.
Sales
I need to upload a couple of pictures of my stash by the looks of it.

I decided to slow down a little on the blend purchases as I own more than I could smoke in a decade already.
So I ordered 2 pounds of raw blending tobacco from motzek, because, you know, there was room left in the
cabinet where I store those and Tom's orientals are just way better than others available around here and I
need to keep feeding that noobacco press. :shakehead:

Good thing my girlfriend likes to do the blending stuff with me, otherwise I'd have some explaining to do.
it's gonna be hard enough to tell her what I need 20 blocks of plateau briar for. and 20 pounds of resin.
and about 30 different types of colors. And those new tools. Haven't even come around to trying my
lathe yet, but hey: tools are great right?

vjg1954

Sales
Do we tell him that his is just the beginning? I mean it all fit on one bedspace.
Unfortunately this is the end. Have not smoked since the middle of June. When a doctor tells you, you have esophageal cancer and six months to live, you stop smoking. The chemo is working and some of the tumors are shrinking, so life expectancy is up to 5 years.

Drydock

3 close friends/family members over the last 5 years have had astounding recovery from 'terminal' cancer. So it's defo out there and happens. Arbitrary though it may be, both on the getting it and living with it--but it is truly amazing what science/medical advances have done for survival rates and also comfort. Though I'd like to see more improvement in comfort throughout the process, I've been shocked at how much gene progress we've made that has unlocked some amazing targeted therapies for certain cancers.

I like your plan, friend.

Oh, I plan on being around another 20 years. On any of these projections there is always a 2% or 10% chance of survival. I plan on being in that 2% that makes it.
There are quite a few people I know that have been diagnosed with severe cases of cancer. Almost
all have been in that 2% range, meaning surviving and having great life quality again as well.
Basically, those statistiks are off because they take in account a lot
of cases that were diagnosed prior to the new treatment methods discovered within the last 2 years.

I know cancer isn't anything to joke about, but I would like to tell you that chances are a lot better
than they were even 2 years ago. So all our best wishes and prayers are with you, and I truely
believe that if treatment shows results early on, you're right about having a lot of hope.

Peacock

When I get old imma be real cool
Patron
Unfortunately this is the end. Have not smoked since the middle of June. When a doctor tells you, you have esophageal cancer and six months to live, you stop smoking. The chemo is working and some of the tumors are shrinking, so life expectancy is up to 5 years.
That'll stop you in your tracks, no doubt. What a terrible thing to be faced with, godspeed and good luck to you.

Do you believe it was pipe smoking that caused this? Were you ever a cigarette or chew user?

vjg1954

Sales
That'll stop you in your tracks, no doubt. What a terrible thing to be faced with, godspeed and good luck to you.

Do you believe it was pipe smoking that caused this? Were you ever a cigarette or chew user?
No, I do not think the smoking caused the cancer. I've never smoked cigarettes or chewed or dipped. I have had acid reflux for 30 years and Esophageal Stricture several times in the last 12 years. This lead to Barrett's esophagus - changes to tissue that resembles the lining of the intestine. This will increase the risk of developing esophageal adenocarcinoma.