Tobacco Reviews.

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Not being a smarty pants. Genuinely curious...are there other sites with tobacco reviews like this?
I don't know that I've seen any and would like to check them out.
I'm not really sure if this is a proper answer but the likes of the reviews section under blends on Smokingpipes and Tobacco pipes is the closest thing I can think of. I mean in fairness how many websites can there be just for pipe tobacco reviews.
It'd be great if the databases used by TR could be made open source then more polished websites could be made for that data.
It wouldn't be that hard either. It's not exactly like collating terabytes of data from the Large Hadron Collider.

Greenbriar

I emailed the new owners and received a great response. Hopefully they will be true to their word and get it rolling….at least better than it has been. That site has needed some deeper (more interested) pockets, maybe we will be in luck?View attachment 245892
That is an encouraging response and honestly not the kind of reply if any you usually get in a situation like this. Thanks now I'm hopeful. I blame you if those hopes get dashed

justinhb

It's a warning...
Patron
I'm not really sure if this is a proper answer but the likes of the reviews section under blends on Smokingpipes and Tobacco pipes is the closest thing I can think of.
^ This...

I don't use TR very much (I have found using it to be more trouble that it is worth). On the other hand, there are a couple of guys on SP who really do a good job. One of them is JassonWB (I don't think he is on here). Every time I look for a tobacco rating and/or a review I look at what he has said about it as his palate and mine (as well as how he describes the flavors) is spot on...

He must also be a millionaire as he has tried darn near everything and left a review on it...

Snappierwogg

Blech.

I just looked at it. At first glance they nuked the advanced search features.

I wonder if this a due to them upgrading their software (I saw a similar obliteration of another search database I used in the last month or so...note past tense) or a misguided attempt to limit data scraping?

Whatever the reason: 🤮
I sent a note to them asking why would they remove features. They responded saying more updates on the way. That was about 5 months ago. You can't even sort properly anymore

Top Bottom