Tobaccopipes.com pictures

TrubkaJoe

I'd really like to want to help you with that.
Sales
I have some store credit I have to use at TP and got pretty psyched about a couple pipes. Until I read the fine print:
Screenshot_20210928-025902~3.png

So, my question is, really? You buy a pipe and just hope that the one you get has decent grain, etc.? They even have this disclaimer in the descriptions of really expensive pipes. I just can't imagine... I'd be curious to hear about you all's experience buying pipes from them.

Bjc68

Patron
I've bought several pipes from TP and all have been fine but one. I purchased a churchwarden that every smoke resulted in the stain on the pipe bleeding into the skin of my hand. Called them and they immediately said send it back! Two email's and it was on the way back with my new selection inbound. That impressed the heck out of me! Great customer service! I was surprised and pleased as most companies don't operate that way anymore!

TrubkaJoe

Sales
So I just talked to their very nice CSR, and she explained that all the photos are stock unless the pipe is listed as "one of a kind" (about 20% of the inventory, it looks like) . If you're interested in a particular pipe, they'll send photos of what they've got in stock upon request. I get it - individual photos are expensive. But it still makes shopping for pipes a little too involved for a lunch break activity imo.

TrubkaJoe

Sales
I just cancelled an order from TP based on what I just learned on this thread. I didn't see the fine print when I ordered on line last Monday. Turned out the pipe wasn't even in stock when I called to cancel. I hope the refund goes through smoothly. Thanks for the heads up @TrubkaJoe.
Oh man, now I feel bad for costing them business. But I feel glad that you won't get a pipe in a poke. I'm so confused! I should have added that it really sounded like they don't mind taking photos for people who ask.

mingc

Oh man, now I feel bad for costing them business. But I feel glad that you won't get a pipe in a poke. I'm so confused! I should have added that it really sounded like they don't mind taking photos for people who ask.
Oh, you didn't cost them anything. They didn't have what I ordered in stock so they would have had to refund me anyway. I sensed from the person I talked with that they would have been happy to send pics if it was in stock.

Top Bottom