Today's Cigar 2019

3 Olives

Patron
Just finished up a nice Johnny-O. I’m not the best with Cubans and aging but I have about 5 of these. This is the 3rd one over a span of 8 months or so. First one was good second one a few months later was even better and was very citrusy and just had this one which was very salty tobacco. Really sad it wasn’t as good as the second.
I had some really good Johnny O Salamones years ago. I thought they were better after a short nap. The one sure thing about Johnny O’s products is that they are inconsistent

Calvinandpipe

Patron
I've only had 1 from that brand and it was 100% a fake. Unfortunately I didnt know that before hand. It smelled like burning hair and tasted like.. well.. what I would imagine floor sweepings taste like. Glad to see your experience was better!
A couple of months ago I was at a friend's house and he pulled out a "Cuban Cohiba" someone had given him. I said, "that ain't no Cuban Cohiba."
As he was lighting it up I told him that he might not want to do that, as fakes have been known to contain undesirable contents, including hair. He immediately threw the cigar down.
He agreed to let me dissect it. As I cut through the binder, the cigar spilled out a bunch of short filler tobacco scraps, stems, and yes, HAIR! The hair looked like from a short haired cat or dog but it was disgusting to see in something my friend almost smoked!