What's new

Today's Cigar 2019

Tianlin

Ah, the Casa Torano. I used to love those early in the day when I was smoking cigars on the regular. Creamy and wonderful. If you like Torano cigars (and haven't already smoked one), try the 1916 Cameroon. The robusto is my favorite vitola in that line.
Yeah, that's a good blend for sure! It was my recommendation for my dad when he was picking out a box of cigars for my sister's wedding - affordably priced, not too strong, not too mild, not spicy, just a good, classic medium-bodied cigar that performs well in all ways. That one was never a favorite per se, but always one I thought was very good and of a style that would please just about any cigar smoker.

I love the Casa Torano, though. Creamy is the perfect descriptor. It's just so damn smooth. This was one of the tubed lonsdale shapes. I don't think they make them anymore, but the store had some just covered in dust. I think I may have been buying singles from the same box for the past year or two, actually. They don't seem to move at all.

Tianlin

This morning I had an Alec Bradley American Sungrown corona. It's stronger than I tend to smoke, but thoroughly enjoyable. In fact, despite its strength, in every other way I'd consider it a perfect smoke. It's smooth, it's appropriately sized for my tastes (I don't like very wide cigars), the draw was easy as pie, and yet it burned slowly, deliberately, evenly, and cleanly, leaving behind a firm white ash. If the strength were dialed back just a bit, this might be an ideal cigar for me. As it stands, it represents one I will very likely seek out again in the future, but not one that will likely ever be a go-to.