What's new

Today's Cigar 2019

Tianlin

Working from home today, and I'm still getting to know the La Aurora Palmas Extra, and it was warm enough to start my work day with a big mug of coffee and a cigar on the porch while on the clock, which is not a bad perk. This is my fourth from the box, and the last two were pretty different in terms of draw. Not had a plugged one yet, but while these are overall very nice, they may not be the most consistent in the world. Still, every one yet has been very enjoyable in nearly every way, and some have been essentially perfect smokes. Still a good buy in my opinion. At this point, now that I feel a little more familiar with these, I will probably switch back to mostly Principes and pipes. Even at a good price, hand rolled cigars are generally too expensive for an every day thing for me.

Oouder

After a lasagna, garlic bread and salad dinner I took a walk with the family and an Opus X Petite Lancero. This thing has to be 10-15 years old and still has a wonderfully full flavor. I don’t smoke cigars often enough.

My wife and son got some ice cream from our local so all were happy! Quick pic of the cigar

73CD357E-0C28-443C-BC8C-120093D5CA39.jpeg

Tianlin

Had another La Aurora today. Unfortunately, it had a tight draw and the wrapper cracked and unraveled a bit about halfway through the smoke. So far it's the only bad cigar, though there has been minor variation from stick to stick previously to suggest they may not be 100% perfectly consistent. In fairness, I think for a box of 25 handmade cigars in this shape coming in at just over two bucks a stick you probably ought to expect one or two duds.

Last edited:

Islayphile

After a lasagna, garlic bread and salad dinner I took a walk with the family and an Opus X Petite Lancero. This thing has to be 10-15 years old and still has a wonderfully full flavor. I don’t smoke cigars often enough.

My wife and son got some ice cream from our local so all were happy! Quick pic of the cigar

View attachment 28939
Old Opies are best Opies

SmokeRings

Spent the entire day with back pain like I've rarely experienced, not looking forward to what will have to be done if it continues, trying a nice 1876 Maduro in the Robusto variety with a few Coors Banquet beers listening to what's been a nail biter of a Mariner's game, hoping tomorrow is a great day!

Beautiful day here - mid 70’s with no wind and filtered sunshine.
My Son cancelled the bathroom remodel work today, so I got the Cat out of hibernation and took her to the touchless wash.
Now relaxing with a PL 5TA Avenida and some Weller. While young, this stick has some great flavors and complexity. A two year rest should make them stellar!

Attachments