What's new

Tool Acquisition Disorder

MichaelE

I really only buy what I need to get a job, or jobs done. It's nice if the task comes up more than once as I hate buying a tool for a single use, or a use that is years apart like a ball joint press or some such tool.

I recently bought a WORX Pegasus work table and bought a 3-1/8" compact circular saw with a mitre box from Menard's. Pretty good for cutting 1x4 stock and smaller, which is what I bought it for. It's great for cutting small pieces of various sizes of stock for the railroad build, and the WORX work table is perfect for the task and folds up out of the way.

The clamps and dogs that come with the table not only will hold the stock I'm working on, but will also hold the mitre box for the new saw.

Siv

Mg4Si6O15(OH)2·6H2O
Sales
OK so don't shout at me but I want to pass on the pain. There's a thread over on the lumberjocks forum where people post deals on tools. I check this every day. People manage to find some absolutely stonking deals. When I want to buy something, I usually watch and wait for a deal to be posted but often there are just great deals and I buy anyway just because the price is so good even though I may not need the tool immediately. That thread has probably been responsible for half my tool expenditure.

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/161194

Grrrrr609

Sales
Nice! How much did those run?
And where did you get them?

Woodcraft has them on sale right now for $200.00. 50 bucks off regular price. Cheapest they have been since introduced last year. Not sure prices online but regular price is normally 250. AND the cutters are cheaper than Easy Wood Tools. Havent checked if AZ Carbide carries replacement cutters yet tho.

snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales
Patron
Woodcraft has them on sale right now for $200.00. 50 bucks off regular price. Cheapest they have been since introduced last year. Not sure prices online but regular price is normally 250. AND the cutters are cheaper than Easy Wood Tools. Havent checked if AZ Carbide carries replacement cutters yet tho.
I’m gonna text santa right now.

Thanks! I know AZ makes their own tools now too. Just don't remember how much they ate.

Grrrrr609

Sales
Thanks! I know AZ makes their own tools now too. Just don't remember how much they ate.
Hi Scottie, Chucky says hi BTW, I did not know that. I have to check them out. You would think that after buying my Thompson travel set and the Rikon set I should be set, but nooooooooo. I want more. I need to order more inserts. I just went to their site, if its the Axe by Carter, I've seen those, i don't remember where, maybe at the woodturners symposium.

20180508_124152.jpg