What's new

Top Five WORST Blends

Pipepunk

lol!! Half & Half really doesn't agree with me in hot weather, but I don't mind it around the holidays when it reminds me of my grandfather smoking at family get togethers
Actually love the reinvented version from stg.the old version made good Ryo cigs but I thought it was bland in a pipe

Olmstead

Once tried 1792 Flake. I thought I was going to die! It was so bad, that I actually cut it with Jack Knife Plug!
The three SG blends I've had didn't do much for me. Their flakes are so heavily cased, I feel like it's a bit too much and takes away from good the flavors "underneath" it all. Don't get me wrong, They're nowhere near my worsts, they just don't curl my toes.

Jackknife Plug is a personal favorite. I love how its flavor evolves; it starts off with a strong, cigar-like flavor that's heavy on the DFK and air-cured leaf, then as the ember takes hold, you taste more of the lighter Virginias. It's great after a big meal; sit down with a pipe and melt right into your favorite chair!

MLC

Foggy Fogey.
Patron
Once tried 1792 Flake. I thought I was going to die! It was so bad, that I actually cut it with Jack Knife Plug! :puffy::puffy::puffy:
I wanted to love 1792 because it's everything in a tobacco that I look for, however, I had an odd allergic reaction and the back of my throat and lips developed little red bumps which were slightly painful, possibly due to the Tonka? I dunno, sad because I loved the flavor -- I tried several times with the same result.

I'm just extremely happy that they make Lakeland Dark which came into my life with the amazing grace of a supernatural savior!
Seriously, I do love that stuff dearly.

Pipepunk

The three SG blends I've had didn't do much for me. Their flakes are so heavily cased, I feel like it's a bit too much and takes away from good the flavors "underneath" it all. Don't get me wrong, They're nowhere near my worsts, they just don't curl my toes.

Jackknife Plug is a personal favorite. I love how its flavor evolves; it starts off with a strong, cigar-like flavor that's heavy on the DFK and air-cured leaf, then as the ember takes hold, you taste more of the lighter Virginias. It's great after a big meal; sit down with a pipe and melt right into your favorite chair!
Perfection is my favorite Samuel gawith blend.Celtic talisman is a close second

Ernie Q

Sales
I'm surprised that Dunhill Royal Yacht has only been called out once. It's one of the very few tobaccos I've tried that I didn't manage to finish a bowl.

Lane 1Q is also on my naughty list. Another dumper.
I gotta say, Lane 1Q is an interesting situation. Having been in the business for not a few years I can tell you that I am constantly entertained by Tobacco Reviews. I have to say, 1Q is on tobacco reviews in at least 8 places by my last count. 1 as itself, and around 7 (that i know of) as a "custom blend" for another "Blender". It drives me nuts but I gotta keep quiet.

The best part? A guy gives 1Q a bad review and then the same guy goes and gives the "custom blend" 4 stars.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
I gotta say, Lane 1Q is an interesting situation. Having been in the business for not a few years I can tell you that I am constantly entertained by Tobacco Reviews. I have to say, 1Q is on tobacco reviews in at least 8 places by my last count. 1 as itself, and around 7 (that i know of) as a "custom blend" for another "Blender". It drives me nuts but I gotta keep quiet.

The best part? A guy gives 1Q a bad review and then the same guy goes and gives the "custom blend" 4 stars.
Are you suggesting that some people who do reviews are full of... aromatics?