TP Now Part of Sutliff

sfduke

Sales
Found out STC Holdings, a sister company to Sutliff, took a majority stake in TP a few days ago and the operations will move from FL to Richmond, VA.

Clearly the OTP tax in FL did not help and most likely a key decision for the change in majority ownership.

Really hope TP continues with their excellent customer service and prices.

Haint

Patron
I doubt anyone buys a company thinking they are going to run it into the ground, unless it's a competitor, which TP is not for them but they are a great retailer and I truly hope their service doesn't change. I'm going to assume it won't and they should have deeper pockets to grow more.

Lee D

^ not me
Patron
I signed up to their marketing e-mail list a few days ago, and in their e-mail response was a solicitation to, among other things, ask them anything. So yesterday I replied to the e-mail and asked about the acquisition. About an hour later, my phone rang - it was one of the founders, who wanted to introduce himself and talk about my question. I didn't ask him if I could disclose what was said, so I won't. He seemed like a nice, earnest young man. I wish them well.

Montag

I signed up to their marketing e-mail list a few days ago, and in their e-mail response was a solicitation to, among other things, ask them anything. So yesterday I replied to the e-mail and asked about the acquisition. About an hour later, my phone rang - it was one of the founders, who wanted to introduce himself and talk about my question. I didn't ask him if I could disclose what was said, so I won't. He seemed like a nice, earnest young man. I wish them well.

A phone call is becoming a lost art. Well done on their part. This is a good sign to me that they take customer service seriously.

WalkinStick

Just won't flush
Sales
Old Ted Award Winner
That sounds about right. Everyone I’ve ever talked to down there was extremely polite and easy going.

Really wish I’d made the trip down there now. They were only about two hours south of me.

sfduke

Sales
The co-owners at TP are always accessible. They won my business many years ago when one of the owners went into to the warehouse on a weekend to check inventory for me.

snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales
Patron
That sounds about right. Everyone I’ve ever talked to down there was extremely polite and easy going.

Really wish I’d made the trip down there now. They were only about two hours south of me.
I called them directly once, and said I was going
to be in the neighborhood the following week.
They told me the location isn't really a B&M, and
that I couldn't just walk in and buy anything.
Pity. They missed out on a good sale.

Summer69

I like TP a lot and they have been a mainstay for many years. Of the dozens of times I have called, I have always found a live person quickly. Now this might just mean bad luck but the last few calls have gone to voicemail including the one I made 30 seconds ago. I hope this isn’t the new norm.

sfduke

Sales
I like TP a lot and they have been a mainstay for many years. Of the dozens of times I have called, I have always found a live person quickly. Now this might just mean bad luck but the last few calls have gone to voicemail including the one I made 30 seconds ago. I hope this isn’t the new norm.
They are moving operations from FL to VA. Assume this may be the cause.

silksow

As of my last order June 7th, their free shipping has consistently beaten any other by at least two days (in addition to being the lowest min at $75), they had all 3 of the MM cobs I wanted when SP (and MM!) was OOS, and most recently appears to be the only place outside of Morgan you can get Bones.

Top Bottom