True pipe smokers

Some_Mook

Where I grew up, we could not afford pipes. We put layers of old chewing gum foil in the palms of our hands, and filled them with the tobacco remnants from the cigarette butts we'd find lying on the ground. We couldn't afford matches, or lighters, so we'd scrounge around on trash day for discarded lamps and re-purpose the electrical cords by stripping off the insulation with our teeth and making a loop in one end. Then we would find a parked car that had a good battery and attach the other ends of the wires to the battery terminals and mash the glowing looped end of the wire into our palm of tobacco and inhale deeply of the esoteric smoke that arose from our mechanizations.

And we liked it.

McWiggins

Where I grew up, we could not afford pipes. We put layers of old chewing gum foil in the palms of our hands, and filled them with the tobacco remnants from the cigarette butts we'd find lying on the ground. We couldn't afford matches, or lighters, so we'd scrounge around on trash day for discarded lamps and re-purpose the electrical cords by stripping off the insulation with our teeth and making a loop in one end. Then we would find a parked car that had a good battery and attach the other ends of the wires to the battery terminals and mash the glowing looped end of the wire into our palm of tobacco and inhale deeply of the esoteric smoke that arose from our mechanizations.

And we liked it.
Did you grow up in prison? :poke:

Also, I decided to get in on the action with my contribution. :puffy:
The idea came when I saw the post by @cossar
Pipe in the Stone.jpg

Thepipehunter

And we liked it.
That’s deep man. Brought a tear to my eye.

Islayphile

And we liked it.
I bet the pruno was fantastic though.

Some_Mook

Did you grow up in prison? :poke:
Close.

My Dad passed away when I was 10. My mother subscribed to the theory that boys, much like dogs, could be left alone out in the yard and they would raise themselves.

Never actually ended up in prison, unlike some of the crowd I used to run with. Fortunately I had Monty Python's Flying Circus to explain World History and the Meaning of Life to me. And Benny Hill for the important stuff.

And we liked it.
You had old chewing gum foil? We used to dream about having old chewing gum foil. Etc etc

kxg

Patron
Good Lord.
I concocted the entirety of my response in my head, some semi-philosophical rubbish concerning the seeking of truth. Then I realized it is too much for typing, one-fingered, on an iPad and I’m too comfortable (lazy) to get out of my recliner before the fire and go to the computer. So this will have to suffice; you may fill in the blanks.
Now back to true smoking.

Ozark Wizard

Old Ted Award Winner
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing pipes is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a mason jar at you!
Well there goes my greatness.....