UK Carter Hall source?

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
Overseas order is the most prevalent supply line, unfortunately. Trades can be had here, which is the upside.
You may be unaware of the fact that all major online retailers don't allow anyone from the european union
to log on to their websites, due to the latest changes in online regulation by the eu. That means I can't order
from the usa because I can't even access the sites, let alone contact anyone who's willing to ship to germany.

Paulfg

You may be unaware of the fact that all major online retailers don't allow anyone from the european union
to log on to their websites, due to the latest changes in online regulation by the eu. That means I can't order
from the usa because I can't even access the sites, let alone contact anyone who's willing to ship to germany.
use a VPN to overcome the block, I cant guarantee you will be able to order but you should be able to look at the website.
I can access 4noggins and Mars cigars from Greece but not P&C.
Maybe our american members know who will ship to europe ,4noggins used to,but not sure if they do now

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
you wont find Carter Hell in the Uk or maybe Europe as I think it is too fine a cut for EU rules
I seem to remember reading this some where
they'd be taxed slightly higher, but it could still be sold. It would be labeled
"roll your own" cigarette tobacco. that being said, they don't really enforce those
rules too much. early morning pipe has always been cut too thin, and nobody has
ever asked about that. as long as it's clearly used as pipe tobacco, customs don't
enforce this law.

skywalker

Smooth Criminal
you wont find Carter Hell in the Uk or maybe Europe as I think it is too fine a cut for EU rules
I seem to remember reading this some where
This is a bit puzzling to me, as certain British blends like Germain's are finely cut shags. Much finer than CH. But I'm guessing they get a pass for being 100+ years old. Then again, I don't claim to understand EU regulations on tobacco, and perhaps the UK has its own separate regulatory regime.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
. . . and the steed upon which thou didst arrive.
Oh relax. That's what I call any tobaccos that cross borders. As a matter of fact I us some of my tobaccos for wormer on the critters and it works great! Calliope's Choice is named that because the Lamacha goat Calliope prefers it to straight perique or All Things Being Equal.

I also ship tea to Canada.

Last edited:

Baccy Bert

Burley Intelligible
Patron
Thats odd, I've had orders with 4noggins and SmokingPipes to UK and Ireland for years

SeanConnery

Sales
Germany is a great member of the EU. It's a common market, but if you really want to do e-commerce in the EU you have to host your servers in Germany unless you can afford the kind of engineers who know how to horizontally shard SQL by locale.

Germany's protectionist laws about data privacy, which are about luring more jobs to Germany versus data privacy, are the reason why Germany is blocked on so many US web sites.

Those web sites also don't have the money to recruit high tech people (vs IT people) to deal with German and even EU law.

Data is data and in the modern cloud world it's all encrypted and sharded in AWS, Azure, GCP, etc. They should certify what is okay versus where it should be geographically.