Unintentionally Humorous Ebay Listings

dmkerr

No fiddle sticks left to give
Staff Member
One of my all-time favorites was the listing that kept getting renewed for the garden variety used Falcon for $80 that belonged to the guy's grandfather. I used to go check on that one from time to time just to make sure it was still for sale.

Me too! He received several friendly tips that the pipe wasn't worth that much and he replied that he knew its value! And he kept relisting it. Must have gone on for a couple of years. I wonder if it finally sold.

Chico

Me too! He received several friendly tips that the pipe wasn't worth that much and he replied that he knew its value! And he kept relisting it. Must have gone on for a couple of years. I wonder if it finally sold.
There's a Chacom like that. Overpriced by at least 50% and it seems to get relisted Every. Damn. Day. https://www.ebay.com/itm/373020975721?ul_noapp=true Not just a Chacom, mind you, but a Chapuis Comoy Chacom!

Chico

I just remembered this one, and was glad to find it's still in my messages.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 9.18.20 PM.png

I emailed the seller asking why he believes it's a Savinelli, because, y'know, a 1950s Argentinian bakelite Savinelli would be something interesting.... He replied:

"I'm not an expert, so I assumed Savinelli is actually a style of pipes, since so many listings on ebay have it on their titles."

Yosemite

Klingon Ambassador to Terra
I just remembered this one, and was glad to find it's still in my messages.

View attachment 59652

I emailed the seller asking why he believes it's a Savinelli, because, y'know, a 1950s Argentinian bakelite Savinelli would be something interesting.... He replied:

"I'm not an expert, so I assumed Savinelli is actually a style of pipes, since so many listings on ebay have it on their titles."

I see they also have the usual..... all forms of plastic or rubber made before last Tuesday MUST be Bakelite.... mindset...sad really

Top Bottom