What's new

Update! Sorringowlandsons.com Website Hiatus Date

Sorringowl

Possibly Flying the Coop
Sales
Hey, folks,
I've decided I will be putting Sorringowlandsons.com on hiatus, officially, on Friday, June 14th, at midnight.

Since announcing I would be putting the website on hiatus (or possibly closing the leather goods business for good--you can read more about that here), I've gotten pretty busy, and it's taking me a bit longer than I thought it would to wrap things up. So, I figured, in addition to giving me a bit more time, that would be a good week to close shop, as that leads up to Father's Day.

Again, I still don't know if this will be a temporary break, or if I will be restarting the leather goods portion of the business sometime in the future. Either way, I plan to take a break from the website for at least the summer to focus on other things, including these two new ventures....

New Estate Pipes website coming soon:
I can tell you that starting this summer, I will be putting up a separate website for selling estate pipes. Since I have a lot of pipes in my collection (many of which I don't use anymore), and since I'm starting to make my own pipes (more on that below), I'm selling off a large portion of my pipe collection to thin the herd and to create funds for pipe making materials. I'm still working on that now and I will announce the opening of the website here on the forum, once it's up and running.

Pipe Making plans:
I've also been making pipes for the last couple months and have decided that, as a way to dedicate myself to the craft and get as good as I can at pipe making, I'm just going to focus on making billiards for the next year. So far, I've made about 3 billiards, from start to finish (which I have yet to post on the forum--I will), and, I've trashed about 6 other pipes! :bag: So, right now, I figure I'm batting a little less than .300, which is not bad for a rookie, I guess. Hehe.

I plan on creating a website for my own pipes, at some point, once I actually get good enough to sell (it will be awhile), but, for now, if you'd like to follow my process, you can check out my Instagram feed: @SiuranoPipes and/or follow my hashtag: #ayearofbilliards

You can see my first bent billiard, which I just finished yesterday, and I'll be posting a few more I made before that one, today. I will also post pics of the 6 blowout pipes I trashed, (one of which I screwed the pooch on as I was doing the final buff--which was completely awesome--Actually, I laughed when it happened because, it was just too ridiculous).

As for the remaining time on Sorringowlandsons.com, just a few notes:

My stock is starting to go fast at this point, so, if you see something you like on the website, and just want to pull the trigger (without PM'ing me), just type in PSDMEMBER at checkout, and it will automatically apply your 10% PSD member discount. The free U.S. shipping for orders over $95. should kick in as well, but, if for some reason, it doesn't, just place your order and I will refund your shipping charges. I will try to update the stock quantities, if items sell out, as quickly as possible.

I have a few, new items I have yet to post (will probably do that over the next week), so, watch out for those as well. I may, also, post some items here on the forum that won't go on the website.

Finally, if you're wanting to place an order as a Father's Day gift, please do so by Wednesday, June 12th and choose Priority shipping if you want to make sure you'll have it in time for Pop's day.

Thanks again, guys, for all your support!

You can post any questions, comments, here, or send me a PM.

Last edited:
Hey, folks,
I've decided I will be putting Sorringowlandsons.com on hiatus, officially, on Friday, June 14th, at midnight.

Since announcing I would be putting the website on hiatus (or possibly closing the leather goods business for good--you can read more about that here), I've gotten pretty busy, and it's taking me a bit longer than I thought it would to wrap things up. So, I figured, in addition to giving me a bit more time, that would be a good week to close shop, as that leads up to Father's Day.

Again, I still don't know if this will be a temporary break, or if I will be restarting the leather goods portion of the business sometime in the future. Either way, I plan to take a break from the website for at least the summer to focus on other things, including these two new ventures....

New Estate Pipes website coming soon:
I can tell you that starting this summer, I will be putting up a separate website for selling estate pipes. Since I have a lot of pipes in my collection (many of which I don't use anymore), and since I'm starting to make my own pipes (more on that below), I'm selling off a large portion of my pipe collection to thin the herd and to create funds for pipe making materials. I'm still working on that now and I will announce the opening of the website here on the forum, once it's up and running.

Pipe Making plans:
I've also been making pipes for the last couple months and have decided that, as a way to dedicate myself to the craft and get as good as I can at pipe making, I'm just going to focus on making billiards for the next year. So far, I've made about 3 billiards, from start to finish (which I have yet to post on the forum--I will), and, I've trashed about 6 other pipes! :bag: So, right now, I figure I'm batting a little less than .300, which is not bad for a rookie, I guess. Hehe.

I plan on creating a website for my own pipes, at some point, once I actually get good enough to sell (it will be awhile), but, for now, if you'd like to follow my process, you can check out my Instagram feed: @SiuranoPipes and/or follow my hashtag: #ayearofbilliards

You can see my first bent billiard, which I just finished yesterday, and I'll be posting a few more I made before that one, today. I will also post pics of the 6 blowout pipes I trashed, (one of which I screwed the pooch on as I was doing the final buff--which was completely awesome--Actually, I laughed when it happened because, it was just too ridiculous).

As for the remaining time on Sorringowlandsons.com, just a few notes:

My stock is starting to go fast at this point, so, if you see something you like on the website, and just want to pull the trigger (without PM'ing me), just type in PSDMEMBER at checkout, and it will automatically apply your 10% PSD member discount. The free U.S. shipping for orders over $95. should kick in as well, but, if for some reason, it doesn't, just place your order and I will refund your shipping charges. I will try to update the stock quantities, if items sell out, as quickly as possible.

I have a few, new items I have yet to post (will probably do that over the next week), so, watch out for those as well. I may, also, post some items here on the forum that won't go on the website.

Finally, if you're wanting to place an order as a Father's Day gift, please do so by Wednesday, June 12th and choose Priority shipping if you want to make sure you'll have it in time for Pop's day.

Thanks again, guys, for all your support!

You can post any questions, comments, here, or send me a PM.
Sad to see the business take a hiatus, but glad for you to start a new chapter. I still use my Sorrowingowl pouch every time I fire up the briar. I love and appreciate the craftsmanship and utility. Well done!

Sorringowl

Possibly Flying the Coop
Sales
If it is a Billiard you are trying to get right, I would like to suggest this classic shaped Billiard. It is a 1966 Dunhill LB and to my eye it is really well done. I wish you all the best in your new endeavor.
View attachment 31975
View attachment 31976
View attachment 31977
View attachment 31978
Ah! @cigrmaster Thanks for the suggestion! I was actually thinking that for my next pipe, I'd like to make a sister to the big bent billiard I just made. I think I have an old LB with a saddle stem just like that (somewhere, maybe lying in a drawer with other pipes I need to get to), and yes, I, too, think that is as near perfect a billiard shape as one can get. Those old, Dunhill factory workers really knew their stuff, and, I think, are some of the most talented pipe makers that ever lived. It's unfortunate that their talents were unsung, or, at least, that we didn't get to know them better for the talented, individual pipe makers (male and female) that they were.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got my next pipe project! :thumb-yello:

Sorringowl

Possibly Flying the Coop
Sales
That bent billiard looks sweet. 3 pipes completed to 6 chucked is batting a little over .300, not a little under. .333 to be precise. Sorry numbers bring out my OCD.
Haha @davidbeinct This is why I make stuff, and didn't become a math teacher (or a baseball player--as much as I would have liked to--the baseball player, that is).

33 is my lucky number, by the way. And, that big bent billiard weighs 3.3 oz. None of that means anything but, I just thought it was a cool coincidence. I told you I'm not good at math. :bag:

Sorringowl

Possibly Flying the Coop
Sales
I will again say thank you for the work, and effort you have done in leather crafting. I feel lucky to have a few items. Again as you move forward--I truly want to wish you well.
@Russ H. And I feel lucky to have such great, loyal and supportive friends and customers here on PSD, Russ. Thanks again, guys. Looking forward to this new chapter!

MakDragon

Former PSF Wizard
Sales
Patron
I am blessed to have two of your pouches Frank! One is so elegant that it probably should only go out if I'm wearing a tuxedo! The other one is so buttery soft and yet rugged looking, that it goes everywhere my pipes do.

Look folks, if you are thinking about one of these creations, PLEASE do not wait until the shop is closed!!!!!

It will be as bad as not trying McClelland tobacco and wishing you had stocked up years ago!

Best of luck Frank in all your new adventures!!

If my wallet heals and my credit card becomes forgiving, I shall surely venture to your site one more time.

Sorringowl

Possibly Flying the Coop
Sales
I am blessed to have two of your pouches Frank! One is so elegant that it probably should only go out if I'm wearing a tuxedo! The other one is so buttery soft and yet rugged looking, that it goes everywhere my pipes do.

Look folks, if you are thinking about one of these creations, PLEASE do not wait until the shop is closed!!!!!

It will be as bad as not trying McClelland tobacco and wishing you had stocked up years ago!

Best of luck Frank in all your new adventures!!

If my wallet heals and my credit card becomes forgiving, I shall surely venture to your site one more time.
Thanks! @MakDragon

I am curious to find out what pipes @Sorringowl has in his collection! :thumb-yello:
Yes, me, too! Some have been sitting for years, and I need to unload a bunch so, I'm sure there'll be a little something for everyone.

Last month my wife gave me a Gent pouch set with a mat and rest for my birthday. I’ve yet to put it in service as it is so beautiful setting on my desk. I do know these are built to use, so one of these days it will make its inaugural voyage. Thank you for your craftsmanship and best wishes on your new ventures!
Yes! Please use the heck out of it. These are built to last. Thanks for the kind words and enjoy.

Good luck with the new endeavors, Frank!
Thanks! @snake

Russ H.

Patron-Fight The Good Fight
Patron
@Russ H. And I feel lucky to have such great, loyal and supportive friends and customers here on PSD, Russ. Thanks again, guys. Looking forward to this new chapter!
And we are looking forward to seeing, and watching your growth in pipe making, and the new chapter in your life.
All of us are hoping for nothing, but there very best, and greatest of things for you as you move forward.:thumb-yello: