Weaver Pipe - El Paso, TX

Siv

Mg4Si6O15(OH)2·6H2O
I posted this over in PSF some time ago but I guess it's long gone now. I found this pipe in an antique store while being dragged around by my wife. The metal pipe is made by Bill Weaver, I guess better known for his rifle scopes than pipes. The unusual thing about this find is that all the paperwork was in the box with the pipe which is not bad for a pipe from the 60s. I find the testimonials amusing to read. Inflation would make this $12.50 pipe something like $100 in today's money I guess. Here are the goods:

IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_E0232.JPG
IMG_E0235.JPG
IMG_E0236.JPG
IMG_E0237.JPG
IMG_E0230.JPG

Kayro

What a great find. I had no idea that Weaver of riflescope fame made pipes. Take it from an old codger that Weaver sure made some high quality rugged scopes for the time. Their prices were good too, and made them affordable for the average guy like me. I would have bought one of those pipes if I had known they existed. The Weaver name alone would have sold them with me.

SmokeRings

What a great find. I had no idea that Weaver of riflescope fame made pipes. Take it from an old codger that Weaver sure made some high quality rugged scopes for the time. Their prices were good too, and made them affordable for the average guy like me. I would have bought one of those pipes if I had known they existed. The Weaver name alone would have sold them with me.
The Weaver riflescopes I have had experience with are every bit as functional for my purposes as any Zeiss or Swarovski is, and far more affordable, I think the model I like best is called the RV 7, perfect on a .22, if he built a pipe half as solidly as his scopes it'd outlive it's first owner for sure...this is super cool.