What’s your most expensive pipe?

Russ H.

Mr. Fruity Pebbles
One of the first briar pipes I ever
owned is a medium size Jobey Oom Paul that was gifted to me by a good friend years ago. (Sadly he’s passed away.) I’ve liked Oom Pauls ever since, and own several factory & small workshop versions.
I’d been thinking about commissioning a artisan Oom Paul for several years now. And the name that kept coming up for that design is Todd.
I’m really looking forward to getting this pipe ! 😊

Mac
Over in the thread that is about what makes good drilling in a pipe Todd has a diagram of the Oom Paul, and if you get one I would have him drill it this way so it passes a pipe cleaner. I can say with absolutely no bull carp that his pipes in gneral are great, but when he drills his Oom Pauls like he does--you will find them to be greater than others. I love mine--I call it my chin rester because I can clench it--it hangs in my mouth in a way that I forget its there. I wouldn't trade my BST Oom Paul for any other Oom Paul out there these days--His Oom Pauls are truly that good--trust me.

Maddis

Sales
Interesting thread. I can see where people who have never spent more than $40, and those who have often spent more than $300, would be less likely to respond. Money/resources is an inevitable context for social comparison.

5star

Patron
Over in the thread that is about what makes good drilling in a pipe Todd has a diagram of the Oom Paul, and if you get one I would have him drill it this way so it passes a pipe cleaner. I can say with absolutely no bull carp that his pipes in gneral are great, but when he drills his Oom Pauls like he does--you will find them to be greater than others. I love mine--I call it my chin rester because I can clench it--it hangs in my mouth in a way that I forget its there. I wouldn't trade my BST Oom Paul for any other Oom Paul out there these days--His Oom Pauls are truly that good--trust me.

lol ! I must have looked at that diagram by Todd dozens of times over the last few years. That, his posts on Oom Pauls, & the reports by happy owners like yourself - are what made the decision to go with him on an artisan Oom Paul easy for me.

Mac

P.S. - the thread Todd recently did on the very difficult rustication job he did (which turned out fantastic) is on my Oom Paul. Mrs Sasquatch is sewing up the hairy pipe sock for the pipe now.

Jeebs

Good Ole Boy
Sales
Almost smoked it this morning! Pulled it off the rack, looked at it amazed at how pristine the condition is. I put it back on the rack! Saving it for my birthday. Decided this pipe shall be saved to smoke only on my birthdays! Thanks for finding this one for me!
Sounds good James only for special occasions
I keep my 1955 in my regular rotation, the Scandinavian briar smokes so dang good

Davidmackv

Vienna Meerschaum?
Sure looks like it. Like I said I didn’t buy the pipe, my kids got it for me. I know when they bought it,it was 465 before tax and shipping. Looks like they dropped the price 100 bucks. I will keep that info to myself. Only reason I know what they paid for it is my son showed it to me months ahead of time to gauge if I would like it. Here are more photos.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff Member
Sales
I have never really considered resale value when purchasing pipes but by dumb luck some of the stuff I own is actually gaining value. When I started buying pipes from Abe Herbaugh a smooth cost about a quarter of what they do now.

So how much have I spent?
Not as much as I would cost me now.
Winning.

Top Bottom