What Are You Smoking?, February 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimpeur

Taking a break from Bosun to have Kendal #7 in the Falcon.
My first experience with this blend, and I'm liking it, provided by Smokingpipes.com. I ordered Broken Flake #7, this was sent instead. Within minutes of my asking how to exchange, I was told to keep the bag and I was offered a credit or refund for the amount. I'm still taken aback...good people running that business.

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
Until today, I hesitated to smoke the McClelland's Year 1995 Christmas Cheers that @tfdickson most graciously shared with me over the past holidays. I finally acquired the proper pipe for such a momentous bowl; a pipe undoubtedly inspired by one of the many elegant pieces in @tfdickson's collection, which did not elude my admiration and praise:
A Castello "Occhio di Pernice" KK Dublin.

Thank you, mate.

View attachment 24267
What a stunner of a pipe, gorgeous!

gjMichelob

I am always curious to see whence members are posting, Texas, North Carolina, New York, England, Greece etc. ... and I am always disappointed when I click on an a member's avatar who, I discouragingly discover, is jealously reticent to share his geographical location.

I find it fascinating how this forum crosses every border and time zone. As I post about dumping the ashes out of my last pipe of the day another writes about his first bowl with coffee (well, except for my idol, @JimInks, whose smoking habits seem to ethereally prescind space and time).
Therefore, save for any compelling reason to the contrary, I encourage you all to add your location to your profile; it shows how universal pipe smoking still is and how distance is defeated by this commonality of interests :puffy:

gnossos

Russian spambot
Patron
Until today, I hesitated to smoke the McClelland's Year 1995 Christmas Cheers that @tfdickson most graciously shared with me over the past holidays. I finally acquired the proper pipe for such a momentous bowl; a pipe undoubtedly inspired by one of the many elegant pieces in @tfdickson's collection, which did not elude my admiration and praise:
A Castello "Occhio di Pernice" KK Dublin.

Thank you, mate.

View attachment 24267
This your first Castello? You’re in for a treat.

I’m going to have some RDF in one of mine...

craig

Taking a break from Bosun to have Kendal #7 in the Falcon.
My first experience with this blend, and I'm liking it, provided by Smokingpipes.com. I ordered Broken Flake #7, this was sent instead. Within minutes of my asking how to exchange, I was told to keep the bag and I was offered a credit or refund for the amount. I'm still taken aback...good people running that business.
yes good stuff that one, it is rather potent as well.

I am always curious to see whence members are posting, Texas, North Carolina, New York, England, Greece etc. ... and I am always disappointed when I click on an a member's avatar who, I discouragingly discover, is jealously reticent to share his geographical location.

I find it fascinating how this forum crosses every border and time zone. As I post about dumping the ashes out of my last pipe of the day another writes about his first bowl with coffee (well, except for my idol, @JimInks, whose smoking habits seem to ethereally prescind space and time).
Therefore, save for any compelling reason to the contrary, I encourage you all to add your location to your profile; it shows how universal pipe smoking still is and how distance is defeated by this commonality of interests :puffy:
Perhaps not always born of a jealous reticence, some may simply reside in an embarrassingly horrible locale and choose not to acknowledge or discuss it.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron

Here, here. :appl:

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?

My username and profile pic are pretty strong clues as to my location. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.