What Are You Smoking?, February 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatbushPaul

I've heard rumors that Lane Limited was taking over the Peterson line of tobaccos and that they will be dropping 3P's from the line up. Do you know anything about this? I hope to God that it's not true, I haven't planned accordingly with that specific Plug, I'm lucky if I have 10 left in my cellar!
I’ve heard that as well. It would figure the one I like the most will go away. I have some put away too. But it will be sad when it’s gone.

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Um. OK. The first big lake that comes to mind is Lake Texohoma. Are you on the Texas or Oklahoma side? :bigyellowgrin:

(Then again there are a lot of big lakes. Pyramid Lake in Nevada is pretty big, too.)
:tinfoil:
Do those even qualify as lakes? They're pretty small. ;)
You don't have to guess regardless since I think you have my details from the box pass, but that's the Mackinac bridge in the picture. That narrows it down to 3 states. Practically any internet stranger could end up on my doorstep now.:eek:

gjMichelob

Perhaps not always born of a jealous reticence, some may simply reside in an embarrassingly horrible locale and choose not to acknowledge or discuss it.
Well, @Thelonious monkfish, you highlight an interesting exemption. I suppose that such a peculiar scenario would exonerate one based on the "compelling reason" exception, which I had carved out. However, I am not proposing that one should share images of one's neighborhood or home, and can't imagine how one could be embarrassed about any state or nation. Perhaps, because I have travelled and relocated more than I can afford to remember, I think of geographical places as the most transient and yet entertaining aspect of one's life.

Notwithstanding the foregoing (as lawyers would say to complicate matters), I respect one's decision to be reserved and discreet.

On topic: I enjoyed the McClelland Year 1995 Christmas Cheers immensely in my new Castello (which, @gnossos, is my first such pipe in this second chapter of my pipe smoking. I gave away -impulsively and stupidly- quite a collection of Dunhill and Castello pipes when I imposed on myself to quit a decade ago. And it is indeed a fabulous, if not the best pipe I ever touched).

Now, back to a more proletarian but much cherished corncob, for a bowl of Mac Baren's Mixture: Scottish Blend.
Cheers,

Ozark Wizard

Old Ted Award Winner
:tinfoil:
Do those even qualify as lakes? They're pretty small. ;)
You don't have to guess regardless since I think you have my details from the box pass, but that's the Mackinac bridge in the picture. That narrows it down to 3 states. Practically any internet stranger could end up on my doorstep now.:eek:
You're a Yooper, eh? Practically Canadian...

Taking a break from the loom. Yah, learning to weave. Smoking ODF BCF mix in a black walnut horn.

Edward

Life's too short to argue.
Taking a break from Bosun to have Kendal #7 in the Falcon.
My first experience with this blend, and I'm liking it, provided by Smokingpipes.com. I ordered Broken Flake #7, this was sent instead. Within minutes of my asking how to exchange, I was told to keep the bag and I was offered a credit or refund for the amount. I'm still taken aback...good people running that business.
They did the same thing to me a few orders ago, it was the wrong tobacco in the right package name.

Status
Not open for further replies.