What Are You Smoking?, February 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawky454

You have more than I then! Watch for it around March I believe, best I've been able to follow it will return along with Irish and University, two I've never had in the new round tins and was also worried for due to dwindling amounts here. There's an official list of blends floating around somewhere.

And yes, not too much cinammon in the Lapsang, just condimental, a few little bits per cup. Goes a long way. Still I suggest you give the chili flakes a chance, just enough to alter the flavor. You surely have taste being an Ennio fan. It reminds me of a smokey, sophisticated version of those Atomic Fireball candies. Can I also say I love that Grabow Regal Prince of yours. Been on the lookout for one like that some time.

3P's in a Grabow Commodore and a double shot of freshly made espresso

View attachment 24269
Thanks for the compliment, my friend. I love that one you have pictured above too.

Thanks for the heads up on the Peterson and I’ll give some cracked pepper a try in my Lapsang but I’ll have to pick some up next time I go grocery shopping.

Merk3030

Patron
Just wanted to say that I love your avatar! I've been getting into Westerns for the first time in my life, I've always liked the sound tracks to those Spaghetti Westerns, I am a huge fan of all Ennio Morricone's music but I just saw For A Few Dollars More last week and was admiring the pipe smoking action in it. Great movie
If you liked For A Few Dollars More and have not seen The Good The Bad and The Ugly or A Fistfull of Dollars you are in for some great viewing pleasure!

Didn’t get a pipe in today I’m afraid, but was thinking about one all day...

Tnfan

Patron
Until today, I hesitated to smoke the McClelland's Year 1995 Christmas Cheers that @tfdickson most graciously shared with me over the past holidays. I finally acquired the proper pipe for such a momentous bowl; a pipe undoubtedly inspired by one of the many elegant pieces in @tfdickson's collection, which did not elude my admiration and praise:
A Castello "Occhio di Pernice" KK Dublin.

Thank you, mate.

View attachment 24267
Awesome pipe!

Thanks for the compliment, my friend. I love that one you have pictured above too.

Thanks for the heads up on the Peterson and I’ll give some cracked pepper a try in my Lapsang but I’ll have to pick some up next time I go grocery shopping.
Never tried the Lapsang with black pepper, always used crushed red pepper(chili flakes), but it works in others teas, I might pick some up too. Making a cup so here's a pic of what my stuff looks like.

20190211_204737.jpg

Be heading out back momentarily with a mug of that and 3P's in a Grabow Starfire.

20190211_203246.jpg

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
Good evening folks, tonight it’s Elizabethan Match in my Ken Barnes billiard. Every time I start to get pessimistic about trends in pipe tobacco, whether it’s blends no longer available, taxes, regs, silly tin stickers, everything seeming to be constantly sold out, etc I should just think of this blend. A world class VaPer, readily available for $28 a pound (25 cents a bowl). Things aren’t so bad!

F09EDE70-E616-4EA4-87AA-730B1BCC1192.jpeg

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Relaxing after a wonderful porterhouse steak dinner with sweet corn and mashed potatoes, plus a slice of pecan pie for dessert. Now smoking McClelland No. 2010 Classic Virginia in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Have enough left for one more bowl.

Hawky454

Very nice Neerup.
Inquiring minds need to know. Do you have as many Neerups as @Old Tom has Pete’s?
Haha, I seriously doubt it. I have one for each day of the week but I’d like to get it up there so I can have 2 for each day of the week but that won’t be happening any time soon. I’m panicking about 3P’s and scouring the web to stock up on as much as I can afford or find, whichever comes first.

Hawky454

If you liked For A Few Dollars More and have not seen The Good The Bad and The Ugly or A Fistfull of Dollars you are in for some great viewing pleasure!

Didn’t get a pipe in today I’m afraid, but was thinking about one all day...
You know, I haven’t seen those two yet but I’m dying to! Unfortunately they don’t have them on the two paid services I use, Netflix or Prime. :(

Edit*. Oh boy, I take that back, Prime has A Fistful of Dollars! I’ll be watching that tonight, youbetchya! Thanks for the recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies.