What's new

What Are You Smoking?, February 2019.

Hawky454

Just went through my cellar to see how many tins of Perfect Plug I have left and it turns out I’m sitting on 15. Sounds like a lot but it’s not near enough and in regards to this latest scare I plan on cellaring this one deep as soon as it comes back in stock, I’m sure a lot of other people have the same plans. I decided to open one now. This tin is from 2015 and I’m smoking it in a P. Jeppesen

4FD88396-AD12-4D6A-8815-F1E5F4F0C73A.jpeg

I hope you all are having a lovely Tuesday!

Hawky454

Good Afternoon PSD,
A late start to my day. St Bruno Flake vintage 1997 in a Kaywoodie 8822 Aged Bruyere Carburetor Billiard. Nespresso Stormio black coffee is my drink.

View attachment 24324
Hot dog! I’ve heard that old St. Bruno is the bees knees! I’ve tried some very old Ogden’s St. Bruno RR but unfortunately it didn’t fair too well over the years and all of the beautiful topping had dissipated but the underlying tobacco’s were quite good, reminded me a lot of GH&Co’s Dark Birds Eye. The Ogden’s RR was more of a shag cut than today’s (Mac Baren’s) St. Bruno RR.

FlatbushPaul

Hot dog! I’ve heard that old St. Bruno is the bees knees! I’ve tried some very old Ogden’s St. Bruno RR but unfortunately it didn’t fair too well over the years and all of the beautiful topping had dissipated but the underlying tobacco’s were quite good, reminded me a lot of GH&Co’s Dark Birds Eye. The Ogden’s RR was more of a shag cut than today’s (Mac Baren’s) St. Bruno RR.
I’ve been lucky to have scored a few tins from eBay through the years, not nearly enough though. It is fabulous. I don’t like the new iteration of it. Not enough fragrance or strength.