What Are You Smoking January 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjMichelob

Another bowl of Prince Albert in the cob, a good, satisfying smoke which reminds me of my Camel non-filter days, always enjoyed a Camel cigarette with black coffee. Every great now and then I'll take that walk down memory lane and buy a pack of the non-filtered, although now they are considered a Classic and cost about $8 bucks a pack locally, none the less I enjoy them when I indulge.
Omg ... Marc the uncanny resemblance of our habits (from Carter Hall and corncobs to tea) is assuming an eerie dimension: I too smoked non-filtered Camel and always have a few in a drawer for the occasional indulgence into the vile vice !

Hence my affection for Burley, I suppose.

FlatbushPaul

Benny Goodman is playing on Alexa and I am
re-reading Dicken’s Tale of Two Cities. I read this book about twenty years ago. My personal opinion is that this book has the greatest opening and the greatest ending of any book ever written. The opening of “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…
The ending is even better,
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."

Great stuff!!
What could be better than Benny Goodman, Charles Dickens and McClelland’s Dark Star vintage 1995 in a Castello Great Line Fancy bent Billiard with a plateau rim. It’s a very large bowl and a very long smoke. I’ll be up for awhile.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.