What's new

What Are You Smoking January 2019

Langridor

Just closed out a 120 hour stretch over 12 days and ready for a couple days off. I have been looking for a blend with a touch of latikia to broaden my palate. I have run a couple bowls of Edward G. Robinson’s Pipe Blend through this MM Bent Diplomat and a small Dublin meerschaum. I have enjoyed it. But I’m ready for a nice VaPer next.
3A60C3DE-2CEE-40A4-A03C-9744F10DBCB3.jpeg
@Olmstead Very sorry to read about your loss. Saying goodbye to a loved pet is such a hard thing.

DrCapacitor

I've been away from The Den for a while in the wake of losing my best buddy, my Oriental-American cat Lucy - the most incredibly un-cat-like and sweet pet I ever had or knew. She died suddenly Wednesday morning. I just finished making a grave for her in my garden.
View attachment 21947
Lucy was my boon companion; more dog-like than feline. Save for a few rare times, we spent every day of the past two years together. Lucy loved the smell of flakes being rubbed up, and she'd tolerate more second-hand pipe smoke than any non-smoker I know. She'd often come sit on my lap while I smoked; nearly as much a part of my smoking ritual as my accoutrements are.

Now I know this isn't a support forum for grieving animal lovers, so I'm smoking Capstan Blue Flake in my BriarWorks Rhodesian, with an empty lap.

I wish you all pleasant puffing.
sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Lucy sounded like she was a great companion.

trying to figure out this new Linux OS on this computer a friend gave me since my last one died. enjoying some Dunhill London Mixture in my Medico Cavalier blasted Rhodesian. about to brew some coffee.

Merk3030

I've been away from The Den for a while in the wake of losing my best buddy, my Oriental-American cat Lucy - the most incredibly un-cat-like and sweet pet I ever had or knew. She died suddenly Wednesday morning. I just finished making a grave for her in my garden.
View attachment 21947
Lucy was my boon companion; more dog-like than feline. Save for a few rare times, we spent every day of the past two years together. Lucy loved the smell of flakes being rubbed up, and she'd tolerate more second-hand pipe smoke than any non-smoker I know. She'd often come sit on my lap while I smoked; nearly as much a part of my smoking ritual as my accoutrements are.

Now I know this isn't a support forum for grieving animal lovers, so I'm smoking Capstan Blue Flake in my BriarWorks Rhodesian, with an empty lap.

I wish you all pleasant puffing.
Sorry for your loss...we had a very similarly tempered cat that seemed more dog than cat, I didn’t think I was going to get all choked up but when we had to put her down it stung. Will be keeping you in my thoughts this day.

Last edited: