What's new

What Are You Smoking, March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpberg

The Worst Thing about the Internet
Staff member
Sales
I chose an old Marxman made no later that 1953 for my first-ever taste of Father Dempsey.

My first impression is that it's a really, really solid, tasty, all-day blend, and I expect it to become a good alternative...a nice, lighter contrast...to my heavier rotation of Nightcap, Byzantium and Star of the East (the latter also being new to me).

View attachment 26950
Not for nuthin, but do you think P&W 400 or GLP Odyssey would scratch your Nightcap itch?

jaysmokespipes

Patron
Work is done for this afternoon. I'll do more later on. Going to relax with a bowl of MacBaren Virginia Flake in a straight smooth patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Ice eta and bergs is my drink.
I am sure this has been asked Jim but how many pipes do you have?
Stuck at work, won't be able to light up until ~11pm...everyone else enjoy one for me :)

RedScot

Just finished a bowl of Storm Front in a MM Country Gentleman started on the patio. In a rare stroke of luck it started raining really hard right *after* I rolled out the bin for trash day. That may use up all my "luck" for today.
I did that once, on a Saturday morning. The trash pickup was Friday.
Made a bowl of Voodoo Queen vanish. No chickens were harmed. I'm slowly figuring this mixture out; it seems to have more subtlety than I expected, and bowl size seems to play a significant role. I dunno if I'm learning more about what I enjoy in tobaccos or if my palate is being refined or what, but it seems like I can appreciate flavors that I wouldn't have even noticed when I started over with pipes after my extended sabbatical. I'd've never ever dreamed that I'd develop an enthusiasm for perique - enthusiasm may be too delicate a term - or that I would actually enjoy dfk (which is still @WalkinStick 's fault). My meager cellar won't age fast enough & I'll never have the tobacco budget I think I need, but those, I suspect, are problems I share with many of my piping brethren.
Light sweet Colombian joins the Queen and me on this second expedition, the PSF2018POY leading the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.