What's new

What Are You Smoking, March 2019

RedScot

If you count cobs, 313.
Why on earth would cobs not be considered? I've gone from scoffer to cobophile (word for the day: cobophile) in the last couple of years. I've got a couple of different species of woods and all kinds of sizes, but if I don't count cobs my collection is reduced significantly.
Besides, Jim's not the only terrible photographer. SuperPhoto_190306211756.jpg

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Thanks. I just run a cleaner through it after each smoke and occasionally a cleaner dipped in alcohol.
Be careful about using alcohol. It can cause fissures to form in the air way of the stem. I've seen that happen. I use hot water. I don't get it pristine clean, but I know it won't crack inside.

Relaxing after a wonderful baked ziti dinner with a bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Why on earth would cobs not be considered? I've gone from scoffer to cobophile (word for the day: cobophile) in the last couple of years. I've got a couple of different species of woods and all kinds of sizes, but if I don't count cobs my collection is reduced significantly.
Besides, Jim's not the only terrible photographer. View attachment 26980
I obviously believe cobs should be counted or I wouldn't have mentioned them. But, I have seen people say stuff like "I have this many pipes, and I have this many cobs," which never made sense to me, reducing cobs to secondary status in a collection. So that's my way of saying cobs count.

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
First smoke of GH Dark Bird's Eye, in a little SMS meer. I'm not ashamed to admit, this stuff is stronger than I anticipated! But man is it good. I chugged away like a sailor to get it lit fresh out of the bag and it was a good thing I was sitting down. I like to think I have a pretty high nic tolerance, but this stuff shook out the cobwebs. I think some of my smaller pipes will be introduced to this leaf. Glad I chose the SMS. o_O

20190315_182754.jpg

WalkinStick

May actually be The Devil
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
First smoke of GH Dark Bird's Eye, in a little SMS meer. I'm not ashamed to admit, this stuff is stronger than I anticipated! But man is it good. I chugged away like a sailor to get it lit fresh out of the bag and it was a good thing I was sitting down. I like to think I have a pretty high nic tolerance, but this stuff shook out the cobwebs. I think some of my smaller pipes will be introduced to this leaf. Glad I chose the SMS. o_O

View attachment 26983
Next time you’re looking for a quick kick, roll up some of that, or Kendal Dark. Makes a mean cowboy killer.

Deadfrog

Wyrd bið ful aræd.
Sales
Next time you’re looking for a quick kick, roll up some of that, or Kendal Dark. Makes a mean cowboy killer.
I bought a single tube roller and like 1000 tubes a few months back. Just to roll the odd CH or Semois darts. When the DBE and KD arrived today and I saw the cut of them, that was the first thing I thought of. So far, the DBE is a win. I'll need a minute or two before I try the KD! :bigyellowgrin:

Enjoying a slightly over filled bowl of Dreams of Kadath. The "heat wave" today (50°F, heh) put me in the mood for more rum-topped blends. Also had Blockade Runner earlier today, and the topping on both is remarkably similar.
20190315_221001_HDR.jpg
This Mark Twain arrived in pretty haggard shape; rough rim and the metal ring fell off easily when I replaced the stem with an amber one (mandatory), but I love it.

I bought a single tube roller and like 1000 tubes a few months back. Just to roll the odd CH or Semois darts. When the DBE and KD arrived today and I saw the cut of them, that was the first thing I thought of. So far, the DBE is a win. I'll need a minute or two before I try the KD! :bigyellowgrin:
Those Semois from Vincent Manil make some nice cigarettes. I don't particularly care for 'em, but I've given a few away to lady friends with excellent results, especially with Le Petit Robin.
:thumb-yello:
@WalkinStick - The Kendal series seem custom made for ROYs. I made a few from my Kendal Gold and those were some nice "cowboy killers" (I like that term).