What Are You Smoking, March 2020?

Half a pot of coffee and a couple aromatics. I picked up several samples recently for a change of pace, so far Lane LL-7 is pretty nice....1Q ish but even better. An old favorite, Sutliff Vanilla Custard. For a gooper the stuff is very well behaved and has a nice pastry/spice character. On the flip side, MB 7 Seas Gold, Newminster Danish Gold have done nothing for me. PS Nougat and Sutliff R-18 arent bad but not a while lot going on either. Creme Brulee and Sunset Rum are up later.
Have you tried Lane HGL? It is still new to me but I am really impressed with it. Probably my favorite Lane aro.

At last, welcoming spring with a bowl of Blackwoods flake in my Peterson Aran 999, favorite tobacco and favorite pipe despite its slight gurgle if I’m not careful. This is what I will continue to do once or twice a year until my dwindling jar finally breathes its last. Enjoying each smoke until then. Praying for protection from the virus for my grandma who is undergoing radiation treatments and my sister who is a nurse forced to reuse the same mask every day. Praising the Creator for the beauty shown in the tree next to my porch. Moments of peace in troubled times. Meditating on psalm 23 and the two greatest commandments (1. Love YHWH 2. Love others). If everyone smoked a pipe together would there be more kindness in the world?

Have you tried Lane HGL? It is still new to me but I am really impressed with it. Probably my favorite Lane aro.
Haven’t loved the sutliff aros I’ve tried but I loved the oz of lane RLP I finished off a couple years ago, for some reason haven’t ordered any more I guess because soon after I figured out VAs and haven’t looked back... but one of these days I will return to RLP 6and remember what made me love it