What Are You Smoking, May 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, haddock and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 HU Directors Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Community Coffee is brewing as I type. Going to clean a few pipes in a moment or two.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
What do you think of the 150th?
I like it. Though it's touted as being reminiscent of their Scottish Flake, it's rather different in many ways, other than perhaps the topping. Still, glad I got some, will get more, and I'll be glad to have it. It's a true enough flake, thick like Sutliff has been making of late, but not heavy vinegar tin note. Very approachable in that respect, for my tastes. I've tried it fresh out of the can and dried and crispy. The same bowl lasted (seemingly) forever when fresh, and took as many relights as one would expect with a Sam Gawith flake, and came right back to where I left off without harshness or bitterness. Also left ample moisture in the heal, as I would expect. Crispy dry the next morning, I finished the same volume in the same pipe and it was a decent 45 minute smoke, a couple of relights that were my fault of mindlessness, almost no wet heal. It lacked some sweetness dry, but not appreciably. Definitely some sort of red wine influence, damp flakes smoked came across like burgundy, dry was like Cabernet. All Ginnie, so sharp and citrus when pushed. I didn't get bit, even when paired with lemonade. That says a lot to me.

So, yah. If anything I wrote sounds good, give it a try.

Wolfman

Catching up ....
This morning I started my day with a bowl of D&R Two TImer in a Peterson Aran billiard. I followed that with 2018 ERR Match in a Peterson Killarney bulldog with a vulcanite p-lip stem.. . I smoked a second bowl of Two TImer in a T. Cristiano Canadian around noon.

Tonight . . .
I just finished a bowl of Old Dark Fired (Plug) in a Missouri Meerschaum Fifth Avenue cob.

Yakster

Patron
Greetings lads!
Haven't been very present here for a while.
The covid stuff has my institution converting to online delivery for summer.
It's wreaking untold havoc with my course prep.
That said, I'm not driving to campus every day, so there's that.
I also fully intend to be smoking during lectures on Zoom.
Which means clearly I will need more pipes.
Don't wanna bore the young-uns.
Right now, Haunted Bookshop (runnin low) in the trusty Cassillero.
View attachment 63170
I'm finding a lot more time to enjoy a cigar or pipe during a Zoom meeting these days. Enjoyed a small bowl of KBV Notorious in the MM Eaton cob this morning before it got too hot to stay outside here today. I think it'll start cooling down slowly the rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.