What Are You Smoking October 2019

headrott

So, I was trying to decide which tobacco to smoke and something drew me to my jarof Pegasus. I picked up the jar and turned it around to findthe date is 9/30/14, or the five year anniversary. That's the one I am smoking, I said to myself.....

So, it's some 5 year aged C&D Pegasus to smoke in the Vauen 2012 Acorn rusicated acorn pipe with @snake Omega tamper and a 16 ounce can of Block 15 Flicker IPA along side.
EFCCF276-A8A8-4026-B42D-F8C56CE13146.jpeg 26A4BD99-BFD0-4A15-B050-FD1535889E4D.jpeg

Fr_Tom

PSD Chaplain
Old Ted Award Winner
Happy October!

Picayune in a MM Bent Gent w/coffee for the commute.

@Fr_Tom sent me the generous sample and I must buy more by the pound...great stuff it is.
It is a slippery slope. My last two orders of Picayune were 10 pounds each. I go through it at a fairly reliable rate. The price was good both times.

My brother had tried a pipe several times, and he could not make it work for him. The tobacco they gave him at the pipe shop just tasted like "hot air" to him. He loved the Picayune sample I gave him with an Ehrlich pot. He then bought a pound of it, and it is all smoked up now. When I last heard from him, he was smoking Kendal Dark.

My first bowl smoked most mornings is Picayune in a Silver Duke pot. The second is usually OJK or Big-n-Burley in a BST pot. I am smoking the OJK/BST combo now.

Islayphile

It is a slippery slope. My last two orders of Picayune were 10 pounds each. I go through it at a fairly reliable rate. The price was good both times.

My brother had tried a pipe several times, and he could not make it work for him. The tobacco they gave him at the pipe shop just tasted like "hot air" to him. He loved the Picayune sample I gave him with an Ehrlich pot. He then bought a pound of it, and it is all smoked up now. When I last heard from him, he was smoking Kendal Dark.

My first bowl smoked most mornings is Picayune in a Silver Duke pot. The second is usually OJK or Big-n-Burley in a BST pot. I am smoking the OJK/BST combo now.
That it is.

Funny you should mention, because my 2nd bowl of the day is ODF burning right now.

JohnK

Smoking some PS LNF in this newly procured 2015 Dunhill lovat from the SP estate sale. It smokes beautifully, is an amazing clenched, and I would guess that it was maybe smoked less than a dozen times. It was incredibly clean, no rim charring, teeth marks, etc. I'll be sure to change that, however!

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
October is here, and my favorite season has come to New England. Although I've been dipping into some different blends to suit the seasonal change - particularly the 2017 box of BCF I'd cellared - this morning I'm drawn to my standby, BBF in my favorite new pipe, a Peterson Silver Mounted Army.

@headrott - I love Pegasus, and on the subject of good blends for Autumn, I'd certainly put that in my top ten. In my experience, it ages well, but I've never had any that was five years old; must be delicious! That's a nice Vauen too - very cool shape.