What Are You Smoking October 2019

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Now smoking Tobacconist Reserve Ltd. Blend 07 in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer with a black vulcanite ferrule and stem in the military mount style. This is a peach blend. Braves have already choked, giving up ten runs in the top of the first. The pre-game hosts all said Atlanta would win, but Pedro Martinez said the Braves' starter would not match his previous game, which was true.

Breaking up all the VA with a bit of H&H Chestnut in a Savinelli Pianoforte on a work break, courtesy of one @CrazyIvan779, gentleman that he is. I wasn't expecting this blend to be almost a light English. It's less creamy and buttery and more smoky and nutty than I had in mind, but it's a smooth smoke for a windy fall afternoon. More bowls of this to come soon.

View attachment 43731
Hope you enjoy the changeup!

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
So much for Braves vs Cards game. Smoking SWRA in a rusticated Peterson Sherlock Holmes Hudson P-lip with ice water.
I didn't expect them to win, but I didn't expect such a beating so early in the game. Better managing by Snitker in a couple of the earlier games would have lead the Braves to win the series.

Earlier . . . Peretti BPC in a small cob..

Now smoking C&D OJK in a Missouri Meerschaum Mark Twain. I put off trying this for two years because people kept telling me it’s a nicotine ‘bomb‘. I disagree with that. I sense a fair amount of nicotine, but nowhere enough that I cannot enjoy it regularly, or even as my morning pipe.

On a non-related note, I dislike how people use the word ‘bomb’ to denote something other than explosives. I have many other words and expressions to complain about, but now is not the time.