What Are You Snuffing August 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super K

Unbearably hot you say? I spent 2 weeks on a roof in South Georgia. Yesterday's heat index was 107, hard telling what the roof was. The other guy has blisters on his hands from the shingles.

Another big load of Cheeta and then back into the AC to paint windows.
It’s been brutal here, I feel for ya bein on a roof. Stay safe man.

StillLearning

Back to it, a little early this week. I picked up an extra shift, so I've got 5 nights this week instead of 4. Already had one coffee and a little O&G, about to have some more of both. Soon I'll actually be awake. I hope...
How long you been on nights? I'm going on 10 years now and it's not doing me any favors. I'm starting to understand why it's called the graveyard shift. Got an interview Friday morning and I'm praying I can get on daylight and return to the normal world. I'm on the opposite coast as you so I just got home from work. Gonna finish this fine malted adult beverage and call it a night errr morning....hell I dunno.

JustScott

How long you been on nights? I'm going on 10 years now and it's not doing me any favors. I'm starting to understand why it's called the graveyard shift. Got an interview Friday morning and I'm praying I can get on daylight and return to the normal world. I'm on the opposite coast as you so I just got home from work. Gonna finish this fine malted adult beverage and call it a night errr morning....hell I dunno.
It's been a little over 10 years for me, with one short blip of day shift when I started this job (about a month or so, 3 years ago). I'm pretty good most of the time, but sometimes it's rough. I'm thinking about going back to a regular circadian too, which is odd for me, but yeah. After 10+ years, you either can't do anything else, or you start to feel like you SHOULD do something else. Possibly what does it for me is that I switch back to regular on my offdays, I think if I just "lived nocturnal" that I would be fine with it, but that doesn't work with a family. At least with one I want to see/spend time with...
And, just like that, it's time for more O&G and coffee...

JustScott

I've really powered through this tin of O&G. Been about 3 weeks, I think, and it's almost gone. It goes fast at work. Fast compared to the other snuffs, anyway. Then again they only get play about 2 days a week, so it actually makes total sense. When I think about that, it's really surprising how far down the can I am in some of them. Anyway, I'm having some more O&G. Gets me ready to tackle the paper/computer work...

Islayphile

Irish 22 and spent my whole ride to work sneezing.

@Super K I do my best to stay safe. Biggest thing is staying hydrated. Theres nothing like being soaked from head to toe in sweat by 9 am. The roof job is done. Now I'm back to painting old windows with oil based paint... IN THE AC
Oil based paint is much better to work with in A/C.

Then again, most things are.

On topic- Cheeta/Ganga in the bullet today.

JustScott

2 hours is an unusual amount of paperwork/computer work for me, but I got done just in time to not have to rush setting up for day shift. Gonna have another pinch now, maybe one more in about 45 minutes, and then home. I do like one thing about night shift, I have the morning with my family. (Of course, if my wife and daughter head out to the park, I won't complain, lol...)

Status
Not open for further replies.