What Are You Snuffing December 2019

desolbones

Just received the George box pass and the great variety of snuff/snus included. I have no experience with this stuff...my paternal grandmother was a dipper and could hit an 8 oz can from 5 feet. I want to try some of these but figure there must be some technique involved, maybe suggestions on method, which to start with and what quantity? I've tried about a 32nd tsp of Thor's Hammer, got a small buzz, was expecting a head stomper... a toot of one of the mint snuffs told me all I wanted to know about that. Someone point the way,please.
Thanks in advance

Danny

Just received the George box pass and the great variety of snuff/snus included. I have no experience with this stuff...my paternal grandmother was a dipper and could hit an 8 oz can from 5 feet. I want to try some of these but figure there must be some technique involved, maybe suggestions on method, which to start with and what quantity? I've tried about a 32nd tsp of Thor's Hammer, got a small buzz, was expecting a head stomper... a toot of one of the mint snuffs told me all I wanted to know about that. Someone point the way,please.
Thanks in advance
If you read through some of the threads in the snuff and snus forum it will give you all the help you need, which snuffs from the box pass are you most interested in?

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
Lundy Foot has been my snuff of choice, overwhelmingly so. Going with that this morning (again). Save for just three now, I've almost had the entire SWS lineup, and I can't find anything that's a better all-day/anytime snuff. I imagine some snuffers might chock it up to just being an overpriced version of a plain American Scotch—and it might be—but what can I say, I snuff what I like!

Other than Lundy Foot, I've been taking notable amounts of The Navigator, Havana Toast, and St. James Parish, and an occasional bit of Wilson's new Africa, which has grown on me big-time, and I imagine would be even better in the summertime. SWS Mull of Oa—which has the smoky and peaty aromas of Scotch whisky—has become a favorite 'dessert' snuff for me.

Someone point the way,please.
Not sure what's in there, but if there's any "Scotch" like Garrette's, Dental, F&T High Dry Toast, or Irish No. 22, those are great. They don't stink, the scent doesn't linger, and they pack a decent punch. Tom Buck is a popular one (I love it) but it's scented with bergamot. As for methodology, take the aforementioned fine and dry ones like you're smelling a flower—that is, very, very gently.

JustScott

My snuffs been so monotonous I don't feel worthy of really posting. Still Fifty Fifty and lots of it.
I'm completely monotonous in my posts here. I should talk about what I had on my offdays, but that's all the same too really. I have a good bit of my Cheeta mixes (Anarkali, Kailash, BGC) and also a good bit of my snuffbox blend (Anarkali cut with W.E. Garrett Scotch). I have a fair bit of the coarser snuff from @Darin and really quite enjoy it, Desert Campfire is still my favorite of the three. And there's a good bit of Super Kailash, always. But that's pretty much it, and it's been the same since I've had all these. I think we're all pretty set in what we like. Or at least nobody's gotten too many new ones lately. When everyone was getting all the different 6photo snuffs, and they were all new to us, we posted more pages in the WAYSn thread than was being posted in the WAYS thread, but since then we've all fallen into our ruts comfy spots. So no worries, we're all monotonous here, lol...

BubbaBriar

I'm completely monotonous in my posts here. I should talk about what I had on my offdays, but that's all the same too really. I have a good bit of my Cheeta mixes (Anarkali, Kailash, BGC) and also a good bit of my snuffbox blend (Anarkali cut with W.E. Garrett Scotch). I have a fair bit of the coarser snuff from @Darin and really quite enjoy it, Desert Campfire is still my favorite of the three. And there's a good bit of Super Kailash, always. But that's pretty much it, and it's been the same since I've had all these. I think we're all pretty set in what we like. Or at least nobody's gotten too many new ones lately. When everyone was getting all the different 6photo snuffs, and they were all new to us, we posted more pages in the WAYSn thread than was being posted in the WAYS thread, but since then we've all fallen into our ruts comfy spots. So no worries, we're all monotonous here, lol...
All true, maybe it's because I'm not really getting anything accomplished besides watching Scooby Doo with the boy and washing dishes, lol. I did buy myself a tin of McConnell Oriental for Christmas. Some McCrystals is on the way.

You all remember that load of Indian snuff I had for trade awhile back? Well instead of SWS it's all available for some Garrett. Not the sweet Garrett though..interested just tell me. I can't get Garrett here.

JustScott

All true, maybe it's because I'm not really getting anything accomplished besides watching Scooby Doo with the boy and washing dishes, lol. I did buy myself a tin of McConnell Oriental for Christmas. Some McCrystals is on the way.

You all remember that load of Indian snuff I had for trade awhile back? Well instead of SWS it's all available for some Garrett. Not the sweet Garrett though..interested just tell me. I can't get Garrett here.
I know the feeling. I have a lead on a possible Garrett Scotch supply, but haven't been able to make it to the store to check in person (it's not in an area I find myself in very often.) Hoping to check it out sometime in the next month or so. If I find a good supply, I'll PM you, but I think there may be some on the board with a local store that stocks it. On topic, more BGC up my nose. Eventually I'll feel alive, lol...

JustScott

One last pinch, then button it up. Have to stay around for a meeting this morning, and this kind of thing is getting old. Probably just wants to be sure I can be cool with not getting the job, and won't open up a 4-night hole in their schedule in a fit of pique. Which I have done before, at other jobs, but not this time. I'll eventually be fine with all of it, I'm sure. I have responsibilities and all that. Anyway, hopefully it will be relatively painless, and over quickly. Have a good day, folks, I'll be back tonight.

ETA -- If I was gonna quit because of annoyance/disappointment, I would've done it Tuesday. I'd think they would realize that, but I could write a book of things I have been sure people realized...