What are you snuffing March 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongo

Well, so far..... I've seen two patients today, with no more so far on the schedule. So, I'm down in my office perfecting my snuff taking technique. Tiny bumps... well, at least much smaller than the gigantic ones I was doing with the mighty Moljnir snuff spoon. Thor's Hammer, Desert Campfire and Elmo's Reserve are what I have here at work. Check that... have Seville and W.E. Garrett sweet snuff. Those last two are super-fine ones. Don't hit them much.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Yeah... I KNOW this is NOT the right place to ask this, but just how often is TOO often to hit a bump? Been hitting the snuff pretty hard, for me, lately. Lot's of down-time at work. Thankfully.... I still have a work to go to. Hitting it at home too....
I'm not aware of any limit. Though sometimes I'll have something different from what I've been using, and if it's muted I'll blow my nose and freshen up.

WOW Apple Pie and Mulled Magic.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner

JustScott

Back here at work, this week with McC O&G and the usual coffee. Going medicated to see if that will help the congestion/post-nasal drip that's been hanging on (not worried, since it's been hanging on since before covid came to the US.) So far no big changes, but I'll keep trying.
As for "how much is too much", I usually try to stop before I get lightheaded and sweaty. Most of the time I succeed. And the post-nasal drip sort of comes with the territory. Smaller pinches/piles can help, as well as keeping it to the front of the nose, but you're just gonna get some drip. Eventually it stops bothering you, and can even become enjoyable (I like it, especially when it's a complex snuff, or when the drip is a little different from the scent.) The finer snuffs are more likely to give back drip, especially if you get it too high. The coarser ones are more likely to give a front drip, unless you're really trying hard to overshoot. Of course, the more you take, the more accustomed your nose gets. Mine doesn't react too much to the fine snuffs, but it still freaks out when I take a coarse grind.

StillLearning

Status
Not open for further replies.