What Are You Snuffing November 2019.

Peacock

Everything I’m not is exactly what I am
Patron
Tried Toque Berwick Brown and Ambrosia today. Both were pleasant enough but relative to pipe blends are like Erinmore or Glengary. What style is more like Condor or Coniston not the exact scent but richness and a balance between actual tobacco flavor and scent?
I’m a huge fan of this for that reason:
image.jpg
Sweet scent but a nice tobacco base, like a finely aged Virginia in my humble (and still newb) opinion.

Just snuffed Barnyard Brute from @Darin generous sampler, it’s great! About to try some Root Beer #2. Thanks again man

Peacock

Everything I’m not is exactly what I am
Patron
I’m a huge fan of this for that reason:
View attachment 45869
Sweet scent but a nice tobacco base, like a finely aged Virginia in my humble (and still newb) opinion.

Just snuffed Barnyard Brute from @Darin generous sampler, it’s great! About to try some Root Beer #2. Thanks again man
RB is unreal! Nailed it. I really like the coarser grind and higher moisture content - easier to keep in your nose and not your throat.

Islayphile

Tried Toque Berwick Brown and Ambrosia today. Both were pleasant enough but relative to pipe blends are like Erinmore or Glengary. What style is more like Condor or Coniston not the exact scent but richness and a balance between actual tobacco flavor and scent?
I really enjoy Berwick Brown but like most Toque snuff, there’s not enough nicotine.

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
SWS The Navigator....for now.

Tried the new WoS Africa earlier today, and that'll definitely make an excellent pair for you guys who like Indian snuff; mix a little Africa with Cheeta and you've got a real nice Eastern blend.

@ClintonvilleLeather - I love Toque Ambrosia; it's like candy. But @Peacock answered your question perfectly. Bernard's Schmalzerfranzl, Aecht Altbayerischer Schmalzer, and Klostermischung are all excellent in the way of 'dark' and fruity - as in figs and raisins with spices - sort of way. I highly recommend Bernard, and they come in those great tap containers.

ClintonvilleLeather

Sales
SWS The Navigator....for now.

Tried the new WoS Africa earlier today, and that'll definitely make an excellent pair for you guys who like Indian snuff; mix a little Africa with Cheeta and you've got a real nice Eastern blend.

@ClintonvilleLeather - I love Toque Ambrosia; it's like candy. But @Peacock answered your question perfectly. Bernard's Schmalzerfranzl, Aecht Altbayerischer Schmalzer, and Klostermischung are all excellent in the way of 'dark' and fruity - as in figs and raisins with spices - sort of way. I highly recommend Bernard, and they come in those great tap containers.
Those sound tasty thank you

JustScott

Back at work with a freshly re-upped tin of BGC, had a couple and I like the mix this time, just about the right balance between white tic tac and fish sauce. I keep hearing about the rose/geranium scent that Cheeta develops eventually, and I've had some in a sample that was definitely rose-y, but I'm still waiting for my tin to get there. The fishiness is less, so maybe it's progressing...

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
The fishiness is less, so maybe it's progressing...
That's the number-one and only reason I just can't get into Cheeta, and especially not White Elephant. I can handle a bit now and again, but I won't be emptying tins anytime soon.

After taking those white Indian snuffs, I've often wondered how the heck a tobacco product can end up smelling like fish.

JustScott

That's the number-one and only reason I just can't get into Cheeta, and especially not White Elephant. I can handle a bit now and again, but I won't be emptying tins anytime soon.

After taking those white Indian snuffs, I've often wondered how the heck a tobacco product can end up smelling like fish.
Salts and rustica? Maybe a fermentation-style cure? I really don't know, but I know that when I opened the can of Cheeta, I started salivating because I really quite like fish sauce/anchovies. It's not an all-day snuff straight, but cut into something else it can be really incredible. It sounds horrible, I know, but it's so surprising what can be a REALLY pleasant sniff. Nag Champa and ghee? Nice... Roses, baby powder, and barn? Ohh yes.... Manure, old hay, and a little ammonia? mmmm….. Honestly, white tic-tac with a drop of fish sauce is less surprising than that last one to me, but I know I enjoy all those scents, and even weirder ones. And speaking of that fish sauce tic-tac, I'm gonna go have some more BGC.