What Are You Snuffing October 2019

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
Auld Alliance earlier after dinner, now time to switch it up to...something; decisions decisions!
Pulled out some Swastik. Thunder, lightning and rain today, don’t need any of it after the 8 inches we got over last weekend.
I liked that Swastik you sent me in the sampler. Stormy as heck here in MA, has been all week, and it's not supposed to stop til Sunday...yikes!

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
Irish 22 with Golden Glow chasers. Great combo.
That's a manly mix! One of these days I'm going to order straight from Toque and get a bunch of their little tins; a big ol' bag of Rustica, and definitely a big tin of Ambrosia (that stuff is awesome). Toque Rustica seems like the Mount Everest of snuff—not counting Indian brands—and you gotta love the warning in its description.

With my recent success of making some decent snuff (more pics to come in Woody's recipe thread), I thought about buying some whole leaf Rustica, but it's hard to source. I hear you can make excellent snus with it too, but that's another story.

Last edited:
Toque Rustica seems like the Mount Everest of snuff—not counting Indian brands—and you gotta love the warning in its description.

With my recent success of making some decent snuff (more pics to come in Woody's recipe thread), I thought about buying some whole leaf Rustica, but it's hard to source. I hear you can make excellent snus with it too, but that's another story.
I haven't had all the snuffs in the world, but the Rustica BY FAR remains solidly at the top for nic strength. It's an experience.

Cool on the snuff making, can't wait to see the posts!

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
Also, do all you guys blow your nose every time? I hardly ever do, unless I'm on a bender, and I have to make room.
I only really blow my nose a couple times a day. Some of the snuff I like such as the SWS, causes my nose to run, and when it does, I just squeeze my nose with one of my nice soft handkerchiefs and sniff deeply. Having a little run down the throat doesn't bother me at all, and if I feel like if I blew my nose after each sniff I'd be wasting it.