What is your experience with Davidoff pipe tobacco?

Chico

Are the Flake Medallions just Luxury Bullseye Flake in a tin or are they infact different?
I'd be curious about this, too, though I bet only a few industry insiders know for sure. The debate crops up every once in awhile, and there are reviewers who swear both ways. Some speculate that it's the "same" only made with lesser quality leaf, or possibly just not aged as long. There's also Comoy's cask #7 and a few others, that look exactly alike and are made by STG. :unsure:

As to the OP question, as The Shrugging Symbol said, "Davidoff" is not Davidoff when it comes to pipe tobacco, just as "Peterson" is not Peterson, "Dunhill" wasn't Dunhill, etc. etc. I don't think any of those famously branded blends are actually made by the company branded on the tin. Even some Seattle Pipe Club blends are made by Lane.

sfduke

Sales
I know Davidoff make great cigars, but how is their pipe tobacco? I know a lot of people enjoy Flake Medallions, but does anyone have any experience in their other blends? I'm curious about their aromatic and English blends as well.
Davidoff pipe tobacco is meh. Good for new pipers, but nothing exciting personally. I would prefer LBF over flake medallions.

Logs

Are the Flake Medallions just Luxury Bullseye Flake in a tin or are they infact different?
Flake Medallions are great straight out of the tin, whereas fresh LBF is like smoking a bale of hay. If you're patient, LBF is supposed to taste a lot like Flake Medallions after a couple of years in a jar. Personally I'd rather get to the action as quick as possible.

In an uncharacteristic gesture, I will speak to how good I think an aromatic is, and the Davidoff Danish is every bit as good as the old Caledonian, the red one. It's top shelf stuff. The medallions are amazing, i don't know why anyone would mewl about this brand. Okay it's a dollar more a tin.
In Germany they charge another €3 compared to Peterson navy rolls and twice the price of DTM Ropers Roundels. €5 more than Robert mc Connell.

I don’t mewl, I just say I get the same quality for much less money. I tried several of their blends and found them quite good. Just not better than what I usually smoke for less money.

They're good for sure. I think DFM and LBF are slightly different products, I get more sweetness from DFM, even aged LBF compared to fresh DFM, and LBF gets a heaviness I don't like with age. Yes, they cost more, they have a brand name to price themselves into.... But, for an occasional treat, or like me, my once a month bowl, I enjoy them.

In Germany they charge another €3 compared to Peterson navy rolls and twice the price of DTM Ropers Roundels. €5 more than Robert mc Connell.

I don’t mewl, I just say I get the same quality for much less money. I tried several of their blends and found them quite good. Just not better than what I usually smoke for less money.
Here in Greece they are 22.50 euro a tin but the other ones are not available.I bought HU Directors cut 100gr for the same money from Germany