What Machine Made Cigar are you Smoking today

Darin

I've been smoking the Villiger Cigars lately and they are pretty good for that price range.
The only downside for me is that I can detect the PG / Glycerin or whatever humectant is in there.

skywalker

Smooth Criminal
I've been smoking the Villiger Cigars lately and they are pretty good for that price range.
The only downside for me is that I can detect the PG / Glycerin or whatever humectant is in there.
Which Villigers are you smoking? The exports are dry cured and should not have any humudification added AFAIK.

Darin

Which Villigers are you smoking? The exports are dry cured and should not have any humidification added AFAIK.
I got a sample pack with 5 each of the Natural, Brazil and Maduro.
Considering that they are supposed to be Dry-cured, they are much more moist than expected especially compared to something like a Cheroot.
Also, I'm fairly sensitive to PG / Glycerin which is why there are very few aromatics that I can tolerate.
Overall, though, they are a nice quick smoke that I don't feel too bad about putting out early if need be.

Cheeseybacon

Disclaimer: I know jack-diddly about cigars and am assuming what I am about to describe is machine-made, so please forgive me if I am mistaken.

@millarddj was nice enough to furnish me with an acid cigar sampler tin, which I finally got around to cracking open tonight. As it is both cold out and I am short on time tonight, I opted to start with one of the "C-note" cigarillos. I gotta say, this thing has an extremely piney, very herbal note to it. In fact the flavour immediately reminds me of... well...uh, perhaps something I tried a long time ago that may or may not have been entirely tobacco, if I am perfectly honest. Quite unique nonetheless.

Are all acid cigars like this?

Last edited:

Cheeseybacon

I am now smoking an Acid Blondie (4" x 38) because that C-note cigarillo was a way shorter smoke than expected and the Blondie was the next size up in the tin. It too is weird and interesting. Still herbal, but less so, definitely more sweet. Granted these are only initial impressions and don't mean much and my palate is decidedly more calibrated for Virginia/Perique but it seems as though I like the more assertive "purple" infusion in the C-note cigarillo better than the sweeter "Blue" "infusion in the Blondie.

Last edited:
I am now smoking an Acid Blondie (4" x 38) because that C-note cigarillo was a way shorter smoke than expected and the Blondie was the next size up in the tin. It too is weird and interesting. Still herbal, but less so, definitely more sweet. Granted these are only initial impressions and don't mean much and my palate is decidedly more calibrated for Virginia/Perique but it seems as though I like the more assertive "purple" infusion in the C-note cigarillo better than the sweeter "Blue" "infusion in the Blondie.
Very glad to see that someone other than me is keeping this candle burning!