What popular tobacco have you not tried?

ThermionicScott

The only one I can think of that I would actually want to try but haven’t is Royal Yacht. But I think I would be dissapointed. Some day i’ll grab a tin.
I've had two tins of Royal Yacht over the years, and still can't remember anything except trying to make them go away each time.

My palate has surely improved since then, but I'm not in a huge rush to give it a third try.

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Royal Yacht and OGS are surprisingly common in here. Royal Yacht really seems to be a love it or hate it type deal, eh? I've an unopened tin back home that I'm looking forward to cracking at some point. I mean it's a lightly topped ribbon cut straight Virginia with mostly darker Virginias, all signs point to me liking it a great deal.

Pedro

Royal Yacht and OGS are surprisingly common in here. Royal Yacht really seems to be a love it or hate it type deal, eh? I've an unopened tin back home that I'm looking forward to cracking at some point. I mean it's a lightly topped ribbon cut straight Virginia with mostly darker Virginias, all signs point to me liking it a great deal.
I really don't understand the "hate" towards Royal Yacht.... I just opened my first tin with high expectations and... Meeh.
Simply virginia with a slight topping (I would have liked it to be more intense). The most notable thing is the cut and that it burns well...and the design of the tin.
I think any Virginia lover could like it... I'm not one and I was expecting something different…

Piping Abe

Confessions of a Burley Lover
I really don't understand the "hate" towards Royal Yacht.... I just opened my first tin with high expectations and... Meeh.
Simply virginia with a slight topping (I would have liked it to be more intense). The most notable thing is the cut and that it burns well...and the design of the tin.
I think any Virginia lover could like it... I'm not one and I was expecting something different…

Exactly what I was thinking it would be like. I love the controversial stuff. But if it’s not as intense, its pointless. Thanks for your opinion!

SwampWeed

Black Twist & Black Beer
Sales
I won’t even attempt to try and list them. I have a special genre of tobaccos I stick to these days. Im done chasing a lot of it. Cellared what I like and just relax and enjoy rotating through a mountain of pipes smoking what I enjoy.
You've almost achieved codgerdom. Except for the mountain of pipes thing. Unless they are all nasty ass cobs 😉

Bach6032

I'm a card carrying member of the 1792 fan club. Everyone should try it.

Condor is pretty tasty too. :wizard:
Regarding 1792 Flake, some (all?) of you will be tired of my cautioning about this blend. I agree that it's truly top-notch stuff...but that "For the Experienced Pipesmoker" statement on the tin? That really should read "Be Sure Your System Can Tolerate Nicotine."

I've had 1792 Flake only once. The flavor was exquisite but several minutes into it I quickly grabbed a pen and paper and started to write my own obituary.

Chasing Embers

Regarding 1792 Flake, some (all?) of you will be tired of my cautioning about this blend. I agree that it's truly top-notch stuff...but that "For the Experienced Pipesmoker" statement on the tin? That really should read "Be Sure Your System Can Tolerate Nicotine."

I've had 1792 Flake only once. The flavor was exquisite but several minutes into it I quickly grabbed a pen and paper and started to write my own obituary.
Consider me envious.

Top Bottom