What's your budget smoke?

cigrmaster

My least expensive bulk tobaccos are my stash of Samuel Gawith Best Brown, Full Virginia and St James flakes. All were bought for 57 a pound or less.
My least expensive tin is my Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. It is a seriously good bang for the buck when it comes to tins. I bought 100 in one shot back in 2015 when it came back on the market after a lengthy absence.

Russ H.

Fight The Good Fight
Please don't think I am saying that cheaper is crappy, or budget blends are crappy. I was thinking about my go to blends, and even they aren't what I would term as cheaper. Depending on where you are located such as country, and such as was said there may be no bargain blends. More than anything availability is the issue verses cost. Here in the USA pricing isn't as bad as some places. I by no means want anyone to think I am calling their chosen blends, and brands crappy.

tipofthelake

Ignorant Wretch
Patron
Please don't think I am saying that cheaper is crappy, or budget blends are crappy. I was thinking about my go to blends, and even they aren't what I would term as cheaper. Depending on where you are located such as country, and such as was said there may be no bargain blends. More than anything availability is the issue verses cost. Here in the USA pricing isn't as bad as some places. I by no means want anyone to think I am calling their chosen blends, and brands crappy.
I am offended and there is no way that I will ever forget the day when I realized that Russ is nothing but a oh look at that, there's a cat outside!

StompyMcFat

I'm glad I started this thread, some good options have been listed. I have long been a fan of the Luxury Flakes. Also good call on the Super Value English.
My experience is that you do get a better blend for more money. Most of the time. I would expect to enjoy a similar blend from Watch City more than a similar blend from Lane. But there are some great blends in the more affordable camp that to me and apparently others smoke far better than their price would suggest.
I was just playing around over at C&D
1 pound of 515 RC1
1 pound of Balkan Sobraine match
1 pound of PS Cube Cut
And 1 pound of Elizabethan Match
All comes to 117.92
That's a small cellar right there, and if I had to start over on my cellar I think I'd do just that. Get those bases covered first and then go after some high end stuff. Heck I almost hit checkout after playing around!