What's new

What's your favorite "new to you" blends

Kamkiel

Today I had my first bowl of Viprati, and enjoyed it more than I thought. Had a nice bready flavor that would get some almost toffee flavors when I pushed it. The perique in had the fermented kind of vinegar flavor that turned the “bread” into almost a leather flavor. I don’t particularly enjoy much of the HH tobacco, but this one was a pleasant experience.

I also really enjoyed Dreams of Kadath and Savanelli’s 140.

tfdickson

Today I had my first bowl of Viprati, and enjoyed it more than I thought. Had a nice bready flavor that would get some almost toffee flavors when I pushed it. The perique in had the fermented kind of vinegar flavor that turned the “bread” into almost a leather flavor. I don’t particularly enjoy much of the HH tobacco, but this one was a pleasant experience.

I also really enjoyed Dreams of Kadath and Savanelli’s 140.
I really enjoy Viprati. For me, the dark fired component adds depth and strength that compliments without overwhelming the red VA and perique. When P&C had their buy 2 get 1 free sale (which worked out to less than $7 a tin) I backed up the truck. Great now and terrific aging potential.

Oouder

After I thought I was all done buying tobacco, I just had to go try 3 new blends. They are Peter Heinrichs Curly Block, Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs and Butera Dark Stoved. I have cellared all I need of those three and I am not going to try anymore new blends.
I Have not tried Butera Dark Stoved but Salty Dogs and Curly Block instantly shot up into my top 10. I don’t have nearly enough of either of them but they would be my favorite new blends for sure. Shout out to the 4th Gen Blend of the year that one is also very nice but ya Salty Dogs and Curly Block. Can’t go wrong with either.

dmkerr

Staff member
McClelland CPCC Rich Virginia Ribbon. Of course it had to be out of production, from a company no longer in business.

:puffy:
Yep! I bought a few tins and then smoked one. Then I bought several more tins and smoked one. Then a few dozen tins and smoked one. I did this over the course of a few years. I never dreamed it would go away - I just bought a bunch because I loved it. Thank goodness I did! Possibly the finest Virginia on the market... uh... well, not anymore.