What's new

Where did all the Peterson Tobacco go ???

lordmoto

Shameless Rubber of Flake
Patron
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I am getting scared ...
I know there have been threads about 3P's but not finding Peterson in stock anywhere (Irish Flake, University Flake, Irish Oak) ... P&C even shows as "No longer available" !!!

Did I miss a memo ???? :eeeek:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I am getting scared ...
I know there have been threads about 3P's but not finding Peterson in stock anywhere (Irish Flake, University Flake, Irish Oak) ... P&C even shows as "No longer available" !!!

Did I miss a memo ???? :eeeek:
STG bought the Peterson tobacco lines at the same time that Laudisi (smokingpipes.com) bought the rest of Peterson.

STG was the maker of most Peterson tobacco tins anyway.

They recently announced the line-up of new production that will re-start any minute now, and it includes 90% of the stuff that was there before.

I am pretty sure 3P was on that list.

Nope. It's fairly new. Wallace Flake is the old Pete University Flake and Stirling Flake is the old Pete Irish Flake. I recently smoked some Stirling Flake and it's excellent.
I am pretty sure it is from the prior change-over, when Peterson moved tobacco production from K&K to (mostly) STG.

There are reviews on TR from 2014, at least. So Wallace/Stirling couldn't have been introduced any later than that.

lordmoto

Shameless Rubber of Flake
Patron
STG bought the Peterson tobacco lines at the same time that Laudisi (smokingpipes.com) bought the rest of Peterson.
I did see something about this ... The "No Longer Available" at P&C confused me (I'm easily confused)
Hopefully things will sort themselves out soon ...

K&K makes a couple of them now under the Rattray label. Check out Wallace and Stirling flakes
I was under the impression this was from a while ago ... I already have them on a watchlist !!!
The nice thing about Peterson's was that it was always in stock ... Rattray's doesn't seem to be quite as consistent with their stock.