• IMP

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

Dallas

TANSTAAFL
Patron
I am considering buying a nice meer and wanted some information. I currently have
IMG_20160901_201053.jpg belonged to my father, no name on it.
IMG_20160818_204943_1.jpg Peterson, I have 2 different styles
s-l400_zpst2fy0hzj_edit_1470602734951.jpg the 2nd Peterson
IMG_20160806_144344.jpg a Grabow, belonged to my wife's father
And 2 other that I don't have pictures of at the moment, a lattice carved Peterson and a no name.
If I buy anything it will be the last and I want a good one.

Shisno

Of the four you listed, I can’t think of a reason not to buy any of them except for maybe Tekin. His buttons on the stem are a tad chunky. I’ve grown to really like it but others can’t get past it. Comes down to personal preference for that. But all are solid choices.

I voted Baki because if I had the money to drop on a Baki, I would buy that before I bought from someone else.

simplepipes

Patron
Google when you have an opportunity to learn the history of Paul Fischer and Kaywoodie Meerschaums. By far one of the best Austrian Meerschaum carvers of classic shapes there was.

You have a nice assortment of meerschaums . . . take your time with your next selection . . . many look far better than they are engineered.

-sp

Blackop555

Of the four you listed, I can’t think of a reason not to buy any of them except for maybe Tekin. His buttons on the stem are a tad chunky. I’ve grown to really like it but others can’t get past it. Comes down to personal preference for that. But all are solid choices.

I voted Baki because if I had the money to drop on a Baki, I would buy that before I bought from someone else.
Smoking my tekin as i read this i can agree a bit of a chunky stem

MakDragon

Former PSF Wizard
Patron
In my humble opinion, Baki is at the top.
S.Yanik is a close second followed by Peterson.

Here is a pic of my Peterson.
I have been looking for that pipe since 1989!
I brought it home with me from Ireland along with another briar. I gave the briar to my uncle and he broke it so I gave him the meer that you have pictured. He loved that pipe!
Then he passed away around 17 years ago and the pipe disappeared. I asked my aunt for it but she didn't know where it went. I got his white Kaywoodie instead that I treasure but I would love to find that same Tawny Deluxe Peterson Meer again!
Thanks or letting me vent!

Shasta Piper

I have two Baki’s and two IMP’s. Other than the stem I see little difference. One deciding factor may be what stem material you like best. Baki mostly uses vulcanite, although mine are not. IMP uses acrylic. The stems on my IMP’s are chunkier than my Baki’s, but I don’t really find them less comfortable. Draw seems similar and all four smoke great.