What's new

why do you come to the pipe tobacco (or in stock alert) forum every day?

millarddj

Perpetual whippersnapper
Patron
Because collecting is half the hobby, and variety is the spice of life! Gotta know when new stuff is coming.

Also, because I need a fat load of tobacco to share with people and bomb them with. Following what others are into is interesting. What's the fun of spending money on a hobby if I'm the only person who gets to enjoy it? :puffy:

MakDragon

Former PSF Wizard
Sales
Patron
Unless I suddenly start smoking a dozen bowls a day, I've got enough tobacco to last me until they turn into - what was that term(?) - mummified tobacco lol.

Why do I keep coming here? Maybe Ernie Q's next batch of Simply Red is out!

:puffy:
Same here. I keep thinking I may see something new and REALLY love it and it will be the end all of tobaccos and I can then just smoke that until the day I die, etc. etc. etc.......................
Meanwhile, my cellar accumulates huge amounts of Ball jars full of tobacco for the tobaccalypse.

Oouder

I try not to look! The what’s new list brings them up and I am a bleeding heart. I have this really great place to put the tins/tobacco so they will stay in really great condition for a super long time. There is a bit more room in there I suppose. We are always laughing, talking and playing music playing near my tobacco. I have a young 6 year old son running around squealing. I feel bad for that tobacco just sitting there in a lonely warehouse just waiting for a home. In my mind it’s like they are in The system waiting to be chosen. WHO AM I TO DENY THIS FINE TOBACCO A HOME!!!!!

StillLearning

Why do I come here....hmmm

I came for advise on making my "once in a blue moon" pipefull more enjoyable. I don't go crazy buying tobacco. I've usually got less than a pound on hand. I don't really have any plans to start a serious cellar or hoard my favorites.

So I'm not really here for the pipes or tobacco........then why????

Because of the like minded company. It seems that we all share MANY hobbies with one another not just pipin.

We got knives, fishing, hunting, fabrication of all sorts, coffee, tea, alcohol, knitting, cats, cars, trains...you name it!!!!!

And somehow....I'm unsually interested in every topic that come up.

I imagine, if you put all us in a room, with an equal amount of "non Piper's" in there with us, we would all find each other without any trouble.

Super K

I come here to learn. My grandfather smoked a pipe and it’s a great memeory burned into my mind. When it was time to take up the pipe he had long since passed. I originally joined PSF to learn every last tidbit I could about pipes, tobacco, packing, smoking, and spending more money than I should on stuff I didn’t like. Now that we’re here at PSD I’m still here to learn. Learn from the old timers and young men like myself about new blends, pipes, and tips I may be missing. I think most of us will agree that pipe smoking is a dying pass time, so you yahoos are the only ones I can talk to about this. No pipe clubs here, no decent tobacconist, just PSD.

CMAsailor

Foam makes water wetter.
Patron
The pipe tobacco section specifically? Cause I cant keep up with the industry and it's fun to read about the new blends. Heck, dunhill for example, when I got started in pjpes, dunhill blends were few and far between, the they were making a bunch of them again and I didnt get on the wagon, and now... I still havent tried most of them. I've got a tin of GAF left and a tin of nightcap, never got to try the others, but I've been able to read about them. Which is fun.

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
Friendly people, that's the long and short of it. I personally don't get much social interaction throughout the day aside from animals watching me. My wife has a completely different explosive/boisterous manner to her socialization than I do which can be kind of a shock to the senses after a quiet day. Opposites attract and all that. I have three true friends in real life, two of which live more than 20mi away and the other 1700mi away. I've never met any of you but everyone has been very nice except for @jpberg who is an absolute peach. Wouldn't think twice about having you folks at the dinner table. Nice guys/gals all of you.

HDXR

Still doesn't like Latakia
Sales
Friendly people, that's the long and short of it. I personally don't get much social interaction throughout the day aside from animals watching me. My wife has a completely different explosive/boisterous manner to her socialization than I do which can be kind of a shock to the senses after a quiet day. Opposites attract and all that. I have three true friends in real life, two of which live more than 20mi away and the other 1700mi away. I've never met any of you but everyone has been very nice except for @jpberg who is an absolute peach. Wouldn't think twice about having you folks at the dinner table. Nice guys/gals all of you.
Hear, hear! :beerchug:

Second mouse

To give the enablers a sense of worth, that they are needed or at least tolerated. Enablers are often people: people who may be misguided, yes, but we need to acknowledge their part in the big picture. Like crows, jellyfish, dung beetles and even lawyers. Hug an enabler today or at least call them creative names to make their victims chuckle.

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
To give the enablers a sense of worth, that they are needed or at least tolerated. Enablers are often people: people who may be misguided, yes, but we need to acknowledge their part in the big picture. Like crows, jellyfish, dung beetles and even lawyers. Hug an enabler today or at least call them creative names to make their victims chuckle.
I’ll remember this post, come Christmas time. :poke:

jpberg

The Worst Thing about the Internet
Staff member
Sales
Well let’s hold hands and take a walk on the beach.